Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

14 hours ago, Banginurz said:

While I don't disagree, I think everyone should play how they  want to.  IMHO, though, my no trader play through has stuck with me the most as a survival-style of game.  I progressed much slower, so things I took for granted in a regular playthrough meant much more.  Such as pocket mods, crucible and any ammo I found.  Just my 2 cents.

You'll hear no argument from me about people playing how they want to play.

But I did kinda internalize a few things regarding the OP's experiences at first, so I'll add a little bit of context here:  I get a strange dual edged chuckle when people 'discover' a thing that's definitely been around before and presents it as news.  On one hand, I am happy they found something that gives them joy (whether its recapturing the challenge in 7 days or discovering music from the 80's for example) but I also cant help but the chuckle that comes when people say 'Oh, you gotta try this!'

I also couldn't help but notice that the OP also included their experience of water scarcity as well, which is a thing I have been advocating for quite a while now.  To which I too share the opinion that water scarcity is just a matter of bad luck, or a lack of knowledge as to where to actually loot water.

So, I am absolutely going to link this thread to any others where those sort of complaints start to rapidly accumulate.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

While I don't disagree, I think everyone should play how they  want to.  IMHO, though, my no trader play through has stuck with me the most as a survival-style of game.  I progressed much slower, so things I took for granted in a regular playthrough meant much more.  Such as pocket mods, crucible and any ammo I found.  Just my 2 cents.

But I did kinda internalize a few things regarding the OP's experiences at first, so I'll add a little bit of context here:  I get a strange dual edged chuckle when people 'discover' a thing that's definitely been around before and presents it as news.  On one hand, I am happy they found something that gives them joy (whether its recapturing the challenge in 7 days or discovering music from the 80's for example) but I also internalize the chuckle that comes when people say 'Oh, you gotta try this!'

I also couldn't help but notice that the OP also included their experience of water scarcity as well, which is a thing I have been advocating for quite a while now.  To which I too share the opinion that water scarcity is just a matter of bad luck, or a lack of knowledge as to where to actually loot water.

So, I am absolutely going to link this thread to any others where those sort of complaints start to rapidly accumulate.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

But I did kinda internalize a few things regarding the OP's experiences at first, so I'll add a little bit of context here:  I get a strange dual edged chuckle when people 'discover' a thing that's definitely been around before and presents it as news.  On one hand, I am happy they found something that gives them joy (whether its recapturing the challenge in 7 days or discovering music from the 80's for example) but I also internalize the chuckle that comes when people say 'Oh, you gotta try this!'

I also couldn't help but notice that the OP also included their experience of water scarcity as well, which is a thing I have been advocating for quite a while now.  I absolutely am going to link this thread to any others where those complaints start to rapidly accumulate.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

You'll hear no argument from me about people playing how they want to play.   I will agree with that sentiment 100% of the time.

I get a strange dual edged chuckle when people 'discover' a thing that's definitely been around before and presents it as news.  On one hand, I am happy they found something that gives them joy (whether its recapturing the challenge in 7 days or discovering music from the 80's for example) but I also internalize the chuckle that comes when people say 'Oh, you gotta try this!'

I also couldn't help but notice that the OP also included their experience of water scarcity as well, which is a thing I have been advocating for quite a while now.  I absolutely am going to link this thread to any others where those complaints start to rapidly accumulate.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

You'll hear no argument from me about people playing how they want to play.   I will agree with that sentiment 100% of the time.

I get a strange dual edged chuckle when people 'discover' a thing that's definitely been around before and presents it as news.  On one hand, I am happy they found something that gives them joy (whether its recapturing the challenge in 7 days or discovering music from the 80's for example) but I also internalize the chuckle that comes when people say 'Oh, you gotta try this!'

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

I get a strange dual edged chuckle when people 'discover' a thing that's definitely been around before and presents it as news.  On one hand, I am happy they found something that gives them joy (whether its recapturing the challenge in 7 days or discovering music from the 80's for example) but I also internalize the chuckle that

comes when people say 'Oh, you gotta try this!'