Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

21 hours ago, theFlu said:

If "hit-circle" = "crosshair area": As far as I can tell (not having tested it specifically), the arrow is given a direction at the moment of release, and then it follows a physics based trajectory from there - requiring lead and such. So it can't "count" at the moment of release, but it does give the direction at that time.

Thanks. It means longer ranges are impossible to test. But we are talking about short range now anyway.

Another thought (untested, from memory): I have the impression that zombies standing up seem to be invulnerable to melee weapons as well. But one possibility would be that they are not, but there is simply no hit feedback as there is no animation for this available. So standing up has always to conclude before the zombie can show anything happening to him.   

meganoth

meganoth

If "hit-circle" = "crosshair area": As far as I can tell (not having tested it specifically), the arrow is given a direction at the moment of release, and then it follows a physics based trajectory from there - requiring lead and such. So it can't "count" at the moment of release, but it does give the direction at that time.

Thanks. It means longer ranges are impossible to test. But we are talking about short range now anyway.

Another thought (untested, from memory): I have the impression that zombies standing up seem to be invulnerable to melee weapons as well. But one possibility would be that they are not, but there is simply no hit feedback as there is no animation for this available. So standing up has always to conclude before the zombie can show anything.   

meganoth

meganoth

Another thought (untested, from memory): I have the impression that zombies standing up seem to be invulnerable even to melee weapons. But one possibility would be that they are not, but there is simply no hit feedback as there is no animation for this available. So standing up has always to conclude before the zombie can show anything.   

meganoth

meganoth

20 hours ago, theFlu said:

Another thought (untested): I have the impression that zombies standing up seem to be invulnerable even with melee weapons, but one possibility could be that they are not, but there is simply no hit feedback as there is no animation for this available. So standing up has always to conclude before the zombie can show anything.