Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

7 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

Does it seem to happen more when online or is it primarily off line play.

I'm mostly solo play. (I'm between servers right now; haven't found a new one.) Online play would certainly mess with things.

Second are you moving, meaning your feet,  at all during the shot?

Both. Stationary shots with stealth in POIs. Running and gunning with a bow / stone arrows for hordes. This is why I like the TFP target reticle rather than mods the mess with sights.

Third question are you in basic aim, or stationary focus mode, or panning
focus mode during shot?

Both aimed and hipshot. Both while stationary and moving. Depends on circumstances.

Fourth if in focused shot, do you hold it the same length of time as
it takes to full power throw a rock or spear, meaning that green power bar?

Mostly full power. Sometimes a snap shot when running and gunning.

Overall, I have no trouble believing I've missed if I'm mobile and hip shooting. The target reticle usually has lots of possible misses unless the Z is in my face. The "Hmmm" times are usually when stationary, aimed, and close.

8 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Furthermore, for a few frames while zombies are picking themselves up, their entire hitbox disappears completely, causing all attacks to miss, including center of torso

Yes, agree. This is why I suspect if I'm not really missing by way of the arm pit, left/right of the neck, between legs, that I might have caught an animation changing or being in a different state than what I thought it was when I fired.

zztong

zztong

I'm mostly solo play. (I'm between servers right now; haven't found a new one.) Online play would certainly mess with things.

Overall, I have no trouble believing I've missed if I'm mobile and hip shooting. The target reticle usually has lots of possible misses unless the Z is in my face. The "Hmmm" times are usually when stationary, aimed, and close.

Both. Stationary shots with stealth in POIs. Running and gunning with a bow / stone arrows for hordes. This is why I like the TFP target reticle rather than mods the mess with sights.

focus mode during shot?

Both aimed and hipshot. Both while stationary and moving. Depends on circumstances.

Furthermore, for a few frames while zombies are picking themselves up, their entire hitbox disappears completely, causing all attacks to miss, including center of torso

Yes, agree. This is why I suspect if I'm not really missing by way of the arm pit, left/right of the neck, between legs, that I might have caught an animation changing or being in a different state than what I thought it was when I fired.

zztong

zztong

focus mode during shot?