Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

On 12/15/2023 at 1:44 AM, Flynn Taggart said:

for instance I went afk while something was working at the workbench. came back to a spawn menu, and I couldnt help but think where was I just at? how? spawned at my bed, and a zombie was in the bedroom eating my buddy so good he had 5 stars to give. so it's not like it's anti zombie spawning mechanic is even practical unless ur base is a 15 block square. 

Together with a buddy you already have two 15 block squares available to safeguard against spawns. Add to that 3 Land Claim Blocks per player so you can safeguard even more space. I assume you are aware of the methods to prevent zombies from wandering in from the streets? 

Even if you have such a big base that it can't be made spawn-safe with all bedrolls and LCBs at your disposal you can always build separate higher floor "panic rooms" that make you afk-safe there.

Using POIs as bases is such a powerful method that saves you tons of materials and time compared to building it yourself, I almost have a guilty conscience when I am using one. Probably it is quite good for the balance of the game that there is a big disadvantage to using big sturdy tier4 POIs as a base.

meganoth

meganoth

On 12/15/2023 at 1:44 AM, Flynn Taggart said:

for instance I went afk while something was working at the workbench. came back to a spawn menu, and I couldnt help but think where was I just at? how? spawned at my bed, and a zombie was in the bedroom eating my buddy so good he had 5 stars to give. so it's not like it's anti zombie spawning mechanic is even practical unless ur base is a 15 block square. 

Together with a buddy you already have two 15 block squares to safeguard with bedrolls. Add to that 3 Land Claim Blocks per player so you can safeguard even more space. I assume you are aware of the methods to prevent zombies from wandering in from the streets? 

Even if you have such a big base that it can't be made spawn-safe with all bedrolls and LCBs at your disposal you can always build separate higher floor "panic rooms" that make you afk-safe there.