Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

10 hours ago, Hellox said:

The issue with turrets and P.O.I's is having to pick up and reload to place back down in hopes the zombies do not run past the turrets or out of range.

its time consuming and forces inventory management in middle of fight. Its unfun.

I can only speak for myself, but I do feel both, the unfun of placing and recollecting the turrets and the fun of letting the turrets do the damage while I throw zombies around through the air.

The obvious solution of making the turrets follow is probably too OP and also has the pathfinding problem. The latter is why TFP opted for (flying) drones as companions. It also would remove a lot of what makes INT fighting distinct to fighting with guns.

One change I would be fine with would be increasing the ammo capacity as currently the ammo is so expensive that an unlimited ammo capacity would not make the turrets suddenly OP. Though that would make turrets in horde night even stronger, so uuuh, maybe not.

Maybe increasing ammo capacity OR decreasing ammo cost could be a perk bonus, so it really only works for the INT player and makes the robotic perk more valuable. One poster on this site is often complaining that it is too easy for non-INT players to use the turrets for additional damage and crowd control without any investment in INT.

meganoth

meganoth

10 hours ago, Hellox said:

The issue with turrets and P.O.I's is having to pick up and reload to place back down in hopes the zombies do not run past the turrets or out of range.

its time consuming and forces inventory management in middle of fight. Its unfun.

I can only speak for myself, but I do feel both, the unfun of placing and recollecting the turrets and the fun of letting the turrets do the damage while I throw zombies around through the air.

The obvious solution of making the turrets follow is probably too OP and also has the pathfinding problem. The latter is why TFP opted for (flying) drones as companions. It also would remove a lot of what makes INT fighting distinct to fighting with guns.

One change I would be fine with would be increasing the ammo capacity as currently the ammo is so expensive that an unlimited ammo capacity would not make the turrets suddenly OP. Though that would make turrets in horde night even stronger, so uuuh, maybe not.

Maybe increasing ammo capacity OR decreasing ammo cost could be a perk bonus, so it really only works for the INT player. One poster on this site is often complaining that it is too easy for non-INT players to use the turrets for additional damage and crowd control without any investment in INT.