Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

I have never played Valheim, so I don't have any feeling of how it does play, and what might feel weird, or what items seem to be abundant or scarce.

Also I don't read the forums of it, so I can't tell what is discussed there. And I also don't know what that game claims to be or not, or what aspects are dominant or faint.

And I definitely don't want to invest any time to gain all that knowledge/experience/info to prove that your point is even viable.

And really, to what end? It's a totally different game, so it might or might not be comparable at all, and who can claim to decide it is?

Anyway, if you claim that your "zero hit search" for "valheim forum missing containers" does mean that everybody is fine with how it works there,

then just repeat your search with "7D2D forum missing jars",...the number of applicable results is far above zero...which does tell you what?

Yeah sure, if you don't know Valheim then my question is moot. Since Valheim was often a topic for comparison with 7days and many people on the forum seem to have played it as well I thought it almost common knowledge.

To answer your question: I don't doubt that removing the jars combined with the other changes to water are a controversial issue and are talked about a lot. But the water changes are quite a few changes lumped together and it seems clear that many have objections to different parts of the change. While I completely understand why people have problems with the "can't get water from the lake" change, the other change to remove jars is simply about perception. There are hundreds of games out there that leave that part of reality completely to imagination and not simulate it. And nobody complains, maybe because they never experienced that that part was in the game once and then suddenly removed.

PS: One question you might be able to answer even if you don't know anything about valheim: If TFP changed the game so you would get filled water jars when scooping up water from a lake but you still never found nor could create empty jars, would then ALL of your immersion issues with the water changes be solved?

meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

I have never played Valheim, so I don't have any feeling of how it does play, and what might feel weird, or what items seem to be abundant or scarce.

Also I don't read the forums of it, so I can't tell what is discussed there. And I also don't know what that game claims to be or not, or what aspects are dominant or faint.

And I definitely don't want to invest any time to gain all that knowledge/experience/info to prove that your point is even viable.

And really, to what end? It's a totally different game, so it might or might not be comparable at all, and who can claim to decide it is?

Anyway, if you claim that your "zero hit search" for "valheim forum missing containers" does mean that everybody is fine with how it works there,

then just repeat your search with "7D2D forum missing jars",...the number of applicable results is far above zero...which does tell you what?

Yeah sure, if you don't know Valheim then my question is moot. Since Valheim was often a topic for comparison with 7days and many people on the forum seem to have played it as well I thought it almost common knowledge.

To answer your question: I don't doubt that removing the jars combined with the other changes to water are a controversial issue and are talked about a lot. But the water changes are quite a few changes lumped together and it seems clear that many have objections to different parts of the change. While I completely understand why people have problems with the "can't get water from the lake" change, the other change to remove jars is simply about perception. There are hundreds of games out there that leave that part of reality completely to imagination and not simulate it. And nobody complains, maybe because they never experienced that that part was in the game once and then suddenly removed.

meganoth

meganoth

To answer your question: I don't doubt that removing the jars combined with the other changes to water are a controversial issue, and is talked about a lot. But the water changes are quite a few changes lumped together and it seems clear that many have objections to different parts of the change. While I completely understand why people have problems with the "can't get water from the lake" change, the other change to remove jars is simply about perception. There are hundreds of games out there that leave that part of reality completely to imagination and not simulate it. And nobody complains, maybe because they never experienced that that part was in the game once and then suddenly removed.

meganoth

meganoth

To answer your question: I don't doubt that removing the jars combined with the other changes to water are a controversial issue, and is talked about a lot. But the water changes are quite a few changes lumped together and it seems clear that many have objections to different parts of the change. While I completely understand why people have problems with the "can't get water from the lake" change, the other change is simply about perception, as there are hundreds of games out there that leave some part of reality completely to imagination and simulate it. And nobody complains, maybe because they never experienced that that part was in the game once and then suddenly removed.