Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

15 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

So yes, the decision that TFP decided to get rid of emtpy containers does work gameplay wise, but with said downside.

Making water scarce is...questionable and may still be subject to further balancing.

You know, no one complained that we could loot gas without the benefit of a Jerry Can.

But, we let go of water jars - and now its grown into so many threads that just have gotten repetitive.

And I want to be clear and re-iterate for those that haven't seen the other threads that water is not nearly

as scarce as people make it out to be.   I know because I've tested this over and over again, and I've

really no interest in ruining someone's day by stating so.

If you make a concerted effort to seek out water, its not so bad.   I say this in lieu of 'Git gud',

but I'd be lying if that's not what the issue actually is.  People want water, but they want it easy.  Unfortunately,

some folks always want something easy.  I've read so many hardcores kicking this can around, waxing poetic about

how hard is water to come by in the same thread they talk about playing on higher difficulties with lower

loot percentages and it's like watching people kicking themselves in the shins and blaming TFP for it.

Early game water is an absolutely solvable problem, but it IS a problem.  There's meant to be meaning in that problem.

I mean I empathize that some folks could have a really bad go at it, if RNG goes bad - but that also adds to the

desperation of survival.  I'm kinda over the idea that some folks think this is not a survival game.  Water scarcity is

a defining characteristic of survival gameplay.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

So yes, the decision that TFP decided to get rid of emtpy containers does work gameplay wise, but with said downside.

Making water scarce is...questionable and may still be subject to further balancing.

You know, no one complained that we could loot gas, without mentioning anything about Jerry Cans.

But, we let go of water jars - and now its grown into so many threads that just have gotten repetitive.

And I want to be clear and re-iterate for those that haven't seen the other threads that water is not nearly

as scarce as people make it out to be.   I know because I've tested this over and over again, and I've

If you make a concerted effort to seek out water, its not so bad.   I say this in lieu of 'Git gud',

but I'd be lying if that's not what the issue actually is.  People want water, but they want it easy.  Unfortunately,

some folks always want something easy.  I've read so many hardcores kicking this can around, waxing poetic about

how hard is water to come by in the same thread they talk about playing on higher difficulties with lower

loot percentages and it's like watching people kicking themselves in the shins and blaming TFP for it.

Early game water is an absolutely solvable problem, but it IS a problem.  There's meant to be meaning in that problem.

I mean I empathize that some folks could have a really bad go at it, if RNG goes bad - but that also adds to the

desperation of survival.  I'm kinda over the idea that some folks think this is not a survival game.  Water scarcity is

a defining characteristic of survival gameplay.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

You know, no one complained that we could loot gas, without mentioning anything about Jerry Cans.

desperation of survival.  So, please can we not popularize the opinion about this isn't a survival game and

come to realize that potable water is definitely a defining characteristic of a survival game?

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

desperation of survival.  So, please can we not complain about this isn't a survival game and realize that potable water

is definitely a criteria of a survival game?

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

as scarce as people make it out to be.   I know because I've tested this over and over again.

desperation of survival.  So, please can we not complain about this isn't a survival game and realize that potable water

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

as scarce as people make it out to be.   I know because I've tested this over and overagain.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

14 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

You know, no one complained that we could get gas, but no one said anything about Jerry Cans.

as scarce as people make it out to be.   I know because I've tested this over and overagain.