Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

9 hours ago, theFlu said:

His point seems to be same most other complainer's; our character seems @%$#ed at the lake, unable to pick up water in to the unlimited water jars available everywhere. The phrasing is about jars since that's what the significant change is, but the main point is still the "unable to purify lake water" mechanic suuuucks.

As long as you keep arguing about the "jar simulation", you're never going actually reach anyone who complains about the change, because that's not the logic breaking / conflicting issue at hand. Having a puddle of water you can drink out of, but can't utilize as "water" seems to be.

In case I'm just projecting my own issues, here's how I see it: the OP wants to have "one jar"; that "one jar" would be permanent and allow the work of boiling the lake water to be used for whatever. As long as the jar is permanent, it's essentially the same as having plenty - you'll just have to do your mass production sequentially. His phrasing of the issue points to "having a way to handle natural waters is survival essentials" and yes, that to me sounds exactly the same as "not being able to purify lake water suuuuucks as an idea".

His scheme is broken in more than one way, it isn't even more realistic. He wants to create a magical jar that you only can have one of. And there is no other container in the world that can hold water except this one. That is as illogical as having no way to get water from a lake. I simply didn't care to dissect his scheme.

The post I was replying to was mostly how illogical it is that a bottle magically vanishes, in different words, except for one comment about the lake. I am sure he has a problem with not being able to get water from the lake. But he also hasn't really understood what it means to just have no containers simulated in the game and I was trying to explain the latter as it is the more fundamental problem or it just irks me more.

meganoth

meganoth

9 hours ago, theFlu said:

His point seems to be same most other complainer's; our character seems @%$#ed at the lake, unable to pick up water in to the unlimited water jars available everywhere. The phrasing is about jars since that's what the significant change is, but the main point is still the "unable to purify lake water" mechanic suuuucks.

As long as you keep arguing about the "jar simulation", you're never going actually reach anyone who complains about the change, because that's not the logic breaking / conflicting issue at hand. Having a puddle of water you can drink out of, but can't utilize as "water" seems to be.

In case I'm just projecting my own issues, here's how I see it: the OP wants to have "one jar"; that "one jar" would be permanent and allow the work of boiling the lake water to be used for whatever. As long as the jar is permanent, it's essentially the same as having plenty - you'll just have to do your mass production sequentially. His phrasing of the issue points to "having a way to handle natural waters is survival essentials" and yes, that to me sounds exactly the same as "not being able to purify lake water suuuuucks as an idea".

His scheme is broken in more than one way, it isn't even more realistic. He wants to create a magical jar that you only can have one of and there is no other container in the world that can hold water. That is as illogical as having no way to get water from a lake. I simply didn't care to dissect his scheme.

The post I was replying to was mostly how illogical it is that a bottle magically vanishes, in different words, except for one comment about the lake. I am sure he has a problem with not being able to get water from the lake. But he also hasn't really understood what it means to just have no containers simulated in the game and I was trying to explain the latter as it is the more fundamental problem or it just irks me more.