Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

20 hours ago, tominkuwait said:

Anyone else to "run and gun" and have found ways to make that work better or make it more challenging?

Yes, I love "run and gun" horde nights.

Sure, a "hybrid" approach -- kit-bashing a quick horde base. That is make a few minor preparations in existing POIs to create temporary strong points and then switch to "run and gun" after those preparations fail. If you run out of temporary strong points, then you just "run and gun" the rest of the night.

A strong point can be something as simple as the roof of a garage that you prepared by placing a ladder. I often make a strong point out of the top of some stairs. I put bars at the top of the stairs, create an exit with a ladder to facilitate entry. You can stay there blazing away until the bars fail. It takes just a few minutes to setup.

1. Very few bags vs horde base.  A normal horde night will generate ~12 bags (solo, 8 zoms setting).  Run and gun, maybe 4 bags tops.  And not sure if "run and gun"

is viable with a higher zombie count setting.

2.  XP.  Much lower.  Understand with run and gun, it is shoot quick and never stand long.  If you get swarmed, you are dead.  So a lot of zombies

are left alive.

3.  You should have special items.  Running shoes (STAM regen) and college jacket (10%+ run speed), coffee (STEM regen) although Backstrap Coffee is best.  And hobo stew for max 

1. Yes -- With "run and gun", unless you're running a circuit around a skyscraper or trader, or perhaps up and down a street, you can leave bags scattered all over the place, then have trouble finding them. I use a local mod to extend the time that bags last before they disappear.

2. Yes -- Your kill rate is much lower with "run and gun." (Especially if you like the challenge of "run and gun" with a bow.) It isn't the optimal way to earn experience. In a single-player game, I don't tend to care about the rate I'm earning experience: fast or slow. If it's multiplayer, then I tend to join with others who have a horde base. I contribute supplies and of course help repair the place afterwards. Having a "run and gun" option usually means I live when their horde base fails. It also means if I'm the only one on the server for horde night, I can clear the horde and not need to ruin anyone's horde base.

3. College Jacket, Coffee, the energy drink, yes... we already have those special items. I haven't found "run and gun" to be lacking at the tactical level so I don't know that these are needed.

zztong

zztong

Anyone else to "run and gun" and have found ways to make that work better or make it more challenging?

Yes, I love "run and gun" horde nights.

Sure, a "hybrid" approach. The other alternative I like is kit-bashing a quick horde base. That is make a few minor preparations in existing POIs to create temporary strong points and then switch to "run and gun" after those preparations fail. If you run out of temporary strong points, then you just "run and gun" the rest of the night.

A strong point can be something as simple as the roof of a garage that you prepared by placing a ladder. I often make a strong point out of the top of some stairs. I put bars at the top of the stairs, create an exit with a ladder to facilitate entry. You can stay there blazing away until the bars fail. It takes just a few minutes to setup.

1. Very few bags vs horde base.  A normal horde night will generate ~12 bags (solo, 8 zoms setting).  Run and gun, maybe 4 bags tops.  And not sure if "run and gun"

is viable with a higher zombie count setting.

2.  XP.  Much lower.  Understand with run and gun, it is shoot quick and never stand long.  If you get swarmed, you are dead.  So a lot of zombies

are left alive.

3.  You should have special items.  Running shoes (STAM regen) and college jacket (10%+ run speed), coffee (STEM regen) although Backstrap Coffee is best.  And hobo stew for max 

1. Yes -- With "run and gun", unless you're running a circuit around a skyscraper or trader, or perhaps up and down a street, you can leave bags scattered all over the place, then have trouble finding them. I use a local mod to extend the time that bags last before they disappear.

2. Yes -- Your kill rate is much lower with "run and gun." (Especially if you like the challenge of "run and gun" with a bow.) It isn't the optimal way to earn experience. In a single-player game, I don't tend to care about the rate I'm earning experience: fast or slow. If it's multiplayer, then I tend to join with others who have a horde base. I contribute supplies and of course help repair the place afterwards. Having a "run and gun" option usually means I live when their horde base fails. It also means if I'm the only one on the server for horde night, I can clear the horde and not need to ruin anyone's horde base.

3. College Jacket, Coffee, the energy drink, yes... we already have those special items. I haven't found "run and gun" to be lacking at the tactical level so I don't know that these are needed.