Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

2 hours ago, tominkuwait said:

My questions to players and TFP are the following:

1.  Anyone else to "run and gun" and have found ways to make that work better or make it more challenging?

2.  To TFP, have you considered a separate solo player settings setup to allow solo players the time to gather stuff while still doing jobs etc.???

3.  Besides sitting in a horde base or "run and gun", any other ways to handle horde night?

!.   I love run and gun, but i do it in spurts.  It's not something that I would stick to full time or long term.   That being said, you don't necessarily need a horde base, but some sort of sprawl helps break up the hordes using topography and obstacles, similar in theme like a paint ball/airsoft type staging area.

2.  Not sure what specifically you meant by this.   Do you mean like autocollectors like in No Man's Sky?

3.  There have been a couple of early horde nights where I've realized I didn't get enough resources in time.   This has been especially true if you plop down in a MP public server and I'll just hop on top of a sturdy multi-celled building of some kind that is/was the equivalent of cobble and up.    Although I don't approve, there are a number of players that may opt into just running around in their vehicles on short horde nights.   kudos to modders who saw through that ploy.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

2 hours ago, tominkuwait said:

My questions to players and TFP are the following:

1.  Anyone else to "run and gun" and have found ways to make that work better or make it more challenging?

2.  To TFP, have you considered a separate solo player settings setup to allow solo players the time to gather stuff while still doing jobs etc.???

3.  Besides sitting in a horde base or "run and gun", any other ways to handle horde night?

!.   I love run and gun, but i do it in spurts.  It's not something that I would stick to full time or long term.   That being said, you don't necessarily need a horde base, but some sort of sprawl helps break up the hordes using topography and obstacles, similar in theme like a paint ball/airsoft type staging area.

2.  Not sure what specifically you meant by this.

3.  There have been a couple of early horde nights where I've realized I didn't get enough resources in time.   This has been especially true if you plop down in a MP

public server and I'll just hop on top of a sturdy multi-celled building of some kind that is/was the equivalent of cobble and up.    Although I don't approve, there

are a number of players that may opt into just running around in their vehicles on short horde nights.   kudos to modders who saw through that ploy.