Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
leukos

leukos

Summary: (A short description of the bug)

Game Version: A21.2  b30 ( but downgraded to 21.1 Stable and issue still occurring)

OS/Version: Windows 

CPU Model: 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700KF

System Memory: 16GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz

GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) RTX 2070 SUPER(TM) 8GB GDDR6

Screen Resolution: 2560x1440

Video Settings: Tried Low, Med, High, Ultra and customized some settings, issue persists. 

Game mode: MP host & MP client & SP & tested on RWG and NAV with no resolution.  Sometimes is ok on new world until trader visited, but not always. 

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No) Yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) Yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Yes

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No) No

EAC on or off? Turned off and on, no change. 

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

Only pattern seems to be sometimes this occurs on a new server after entering the trader space/larger town, but unable to confirm as issue seems to be inconsistent.  The first time it happened was on a MP server and only occured to me as a client connecting in, all others were fine.  Tested on single player locally hosted and was able to recreate it.  Changes to video settings and other game settings didn't make any diference.  Reinstalled Video driver, no change.  Downgraded video driver and it worked the first time I tried it for brief test, but after rebooting the computer the issue was back again. 

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

• Player very slow when walking/running, cycling, or driving the minibike, and when I'm in the air it feels like there less gravity as I drop back to the ground slower from a jump.  When this occurs on a MP server other players were not impacted, but were able to see the slow movement of my character relative their own.  
  • Zombies are also slow when moving or attacking from t he players computer view. 

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

Here are a few of the recent logs in the folder, though it doesn't seem to log everytime I ran it for testing.  When does it log?

https://pastebin.com/czKUxaLH

https://pastebin.com/mchSKrB1

One other note, it is only during movement that things are slow, but moving the mouse around to view things and interact works very normally.  Only movement impacted. 

53 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

There is apparently a lot of complaints with nvidia drivers causing stuttering, I'm seeing people on reddit recommend sticking to 537.58 for now 

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/18al12y/game_ready_driver_54629_faqdiscussion/

So maybe try uninstalling using DDU and then install 537.58 to see if that helps any?

Thanks for the response. Hmm, I will give that a go.  Does it make sense that it would be visably slow to a second player on the server watching my character move and jump?  And mouse movement and view doesn't stutter or have any slowness, only movement of the character.  Stuttering does seem like a decent description of the problem, but only applied to movement seems so strange as most video performance issues I've seen would impact the mouse movement redraws as well as the character movement redraws (for lack of a better word).   I had downgraded from 546.29 to 546.17.  I will try going back to 537.58. 

leukos

leukos

Game Version: A21.2  b30 ( but downgraded to 21.1 Stable and issue still occurring)

Video Settings: Tried Low, Med, High, Ultra and customized some settings, issue persists. 

Game mode: MP host & MP client & SP & tested on RWG and NAV with no resolution.  Sometimes is ok on new world until trader visited, but not always. 

Bug Description:

Only pattern seems to be sometimes this occurs on a new server after entering the trader space/larger town, but unable to confirm as issue seems to be inconsistent.  The first time it happened was on a MP server and only occured to me as a client connecting in, all others were fine.  Tested on single player locally hosted and was able to recreate it.  Changes to video settings and other game settings didn't make any diference.  Reinstalled Video driver, no change.  Downgraded video driver and it worked the first time I tried it for brief test, but after rebooting the computer the issue was back again. 

• Player very slow when walking/running, cycling, or driving the minibike, and when I'm in the air it feels like there less gravity as I drop back to the ground slower from a jump.  When this occurs on a MP server other players were not impacted, but were able to see the slow movement of my character relative their own.  
  • Zombies are also slow when moving or attacking from t he players computer view. 

Here are a few of the recent logs in the folder, though it doesn't seem to log everytime I ran it for testing.  When does it log?

One other note, it is only during movement that things are slow, but moving the mouse around to view things and interact works very normally.  Only movement impacted. 

51 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

There is apparently a lot of complaints with nvidia drivers causing stuttering, I'm seeing people on reddit recommend sticking to 537.58 for now 

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/18al12y/game_ready_driver_54629_faqdiscussion/

So maybe try uninstalling using DDU and then install 537.58 to see if that helps any?

Thanks for the response. Hmm, I will give that a go.  Does it make sense that it would be visably slow to a second player on the server watching my character move and jump?  And mouse movement and view doesn't stutter or have any slowness, only movement of the character.  Stuttering does seem like a decent description of the problem, but only applied to movement seems so strange as most video performance issues I've seen would impact the mouse movement redraws as well as the character movement redraws (for lack of a better word). 

leukos

leukos

Bug Description:

48 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

Hmm, I will give that a go.  Does it make sense that it would be visably slow to a second player on the server watching my character move and jump?  And mouse movement and view doesn't stutter or have any slowness, only movement of the character.  Stuttering does seem like a decent description of the problem, but only applied to movement seems so strange as most video performance issues I've seen would impact the mouse movement redraws as well as the character movement redraws (for lack of a better word).