Dedicated server with customized PREGEN map

BadZombie

Hey all,

I have been troubleshooting this for about 5 hours, no matter what I have searched and tried nothing seems to be working.

What I am trying to do is have a map - which I have added 1 POI too - onto my dedicated server to be playable.

I have a nitrado server.

I have edited the PREGEN10K map to include 1 extra custom POI, then saved it.

This saves as "PREGEN10k_UserCopy" in \AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\ on my C drive.

So far, so good.

In nitrado, I make sure the server is stopped.

I then upload the PREGEN10K_UserCopy folder into "/7daystodie/Saves" on the server.

In nitrado, I go into Config files and change the GameWorld to reflect this:

<property name="GameWorld" value="PREGEN10k_UserCopy"/>

I also change the GameName to WorldEditor, which is what the folder inside PREGEN10K_UserCopy is named:

<property name="GameName" value="WorldEditor"/>

I save everything and start the server.

Nothing happens. It says in Nitrado and the server is online but hours later when I connect via IP it says initializing still. I tried uninstalling and starting again, same result.
I tried other maps from the dropdown list in Nitrado and they all load within minutes.

Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong? 🙃

Not sure about Nitrado server setup and pre gen worlds, I run a dedicated server on my own hardware using random gen worlds.

The folders in '\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\' are usually a game save for that world not the actual world data.

Is there a folder under '\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds'?

The actual pre gen worlds are in the main 7D2D folder (not user AppData) under Data\Worlds (ie Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds)

Check the 'prefabs.xml' for the POI you added if there are multiple copies.

When I create a random gen world on my main PC the world data saved in '\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds'.

I copy the world folder to the dedicated servers 'GeneratedWorlds' folder (based on my setting in the ServerConfig.xml for the "UserDataFolder")

You might also have to edit the 'map_info.xml' file in your new pre gen world and change the 'Name' property to something unique.

If you have 2 worlds with the same name it may cause issues (ie your edited copy and the unedited version) as the server may pick the first world it finds (which may not be the one you want).

I have not tried this scenario so I am just guessing.

Edited by FinkPloyd
clarity (see edit history)