Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

I think I heard the PS5 is sharing its main memory between CPU and GPU just like a laptop, and an answer on quora.com seems to say the same.

So, supposing that guy on quora and I were right, then theoretically the GPU can address 16G of RAM. But practically the operating system and the game need space too, (and that same guy says the OS takes 4 G), so now you have max 12G RAM left. Now subtract what the game itself needs and THAT is effectively the RAM the GPU has left.

meganoth

meganoth

I think I heard the PS5 is sharing its main memory between CPU and GPU just like a laptop, and an answer on quora.com seems to say the same.

So, supposing that guy on quora and I am right, then theoretically the GPU can address 16G of RAM. But practically the operating system and the game need space too, (and that same guy says the OS takes 4 G), so now you have max 12G RAM left. Now subtract what the game itself needs and THAT is effectively the RAM the GPU has left.

meganoth

meganoth

How do you know google AI's answer is correct?

So, supposing that guy on quora and I am right, then theoretically the GPU can address 16G of RAM. But practically the operating system and the game need space too, (and that same guy says the OS takes 4 G), so now you have max 12G RAM left. Now subtract what the game itself needs and THAT is effectively the RAM the GPU has left.