Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
8_Hussars

8_Hussars

1 hour ago, Morloc said:

I think the problem/perception is best illustrated when you compare quest and non-quest POI's. If I clean out "Al's Fish House" and it's not quest-associated, then I'm forced to wait a period before I can return and clean it out again. Some loot won't be there on the 2nd clearing, and any resources harvested (plastic from blinds, etc.) also won't be there.

With a quest POI you can double-dip, but really only on the first run....so it's not that big of an issue (it may feel like it). 

A bigger problem would be that you can run through a quest, grab all the loot, but leave a few zombies alive. Restart the game and voila!....repeat as many times as you feel like. Need books?....you can clean out all the shelves of the bookstore over and over and over.

Who's to say what should be part of a SP experience, but I feel that you should FAIL a quest when logging out. We'll occasionally get burned by lockups, power-failures, crazy dogs, etc.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

I tend to agree.

In SP we as players need to take some responsibility for our own agency and in-game experience.  Just because the game allows us to get away with something does not mean we as players should exploit it or that the game designer should eliminate the exploit.  On the flip side, do I really care what other players do in their own SP sessions as long as they have fun and I can tailor my game experience to ensure that I have fun?

2 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Not a bad idea.  However, game is built into chunks and if your 100 meters away, there is the possibility that chunk the POI is in would not be loaded.

Also, players like to know the name of the POI in advance when choosing a quest.  Taking away that choice is probably a step back.

Notwithstanding, I am not sure double dipping is an issue.

Granted, its not thought all the way through but, perhaps tie a POIs main loot to the respawn timer?  If a player loots a questable POI main loot, the POI cannot be reset with a quest until the world respawn timer expires.    

8_Hussars

8_Hussars

1 hour ago, Morloc said:

I think the problem/perception is best illustrated when you compare quest and non-quest POI's. If I clean out "Al's Fish House" and it's not quest-associated, then I'm forced to wait a period before I can return and clean it out again. Some loot won't be there on the 2nd clearing, and any resources harvested (plastic from blinds, etc.) also won't be there.

With a quest POI you can double-dip, but really only on the first run....so it's not that big of an issue (it may feel like it). 

A bigger problem would be that you can run through a quest, grab all the loot, but leave a few zombies alive. Restart the game and voila!....repeat as many times as you feel like. Need books?....you can clean out all the shelves of the bookstore over and over and over.

Who's to say what should be part of a SP experience, but I feel that you should FAIL a quest when logging out. We'll occasionally get burned by lockups, power-failures, crazy dogs, etc.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

I tend to agree.

In SP we as players need to take some responsibility for our own agency and in-game experience.  Just because the game allows us to get away with something does not mean we as players should exploit it or that the game designer should eliminate the exploit.  On the flip side, do I really care what other players do in their own SP sessions as long as they have fun and I can tailor my game experience to ensure that I have fun?

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Not a bad idea.  However, game is built into chunks and if your 100 meters away, there is the possibility that chunk the POI is in would not be loaded.

Also, players like to know the name of the POI in advance when choosing a quest.  Taking away that choice is probably a step back.

Notwithstanding, I am not sure double dipping is an issue.

Granted, its not thought all the way through but, perhaps tie a POIs main loot to the respawn timer?  If a player loots a questable POI main loot, the POI cannot be reset with a quest until the world respawn timer expires.