Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

13 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

2. LCB and bases in general: I think we can do something about the LCB, but we are not nuking the whole base for those multiplayer folks that are sharing bases. It would really suck if Bob got eaten by a zombie only to leave Frank standing in a crater where the base used to be if Bob owned the LCB that was placed.

I think the easiest thing would be to just make LCBs and Bedrolls inactive and then if the player is playing solo they can enable chunk reset for their game and when their LCB is inactivated the chunk can be reset and all player alterations in that chunk will be erased. This way, it is still set up for multiplayer with the player's bed and LCB being canceled and if the chunk reset option isn't enabled then the rest of the party won't get screwed out of their hard work. It also acts as a double "are you sure" enactment since the player has to set the death penalty option AND set the chunk reset option.

Personally, for me in a solo game, I am extremely happy with the setting of persistent debuffs and loss of food and water. That solves all of the issues I had with death. If I want permadeath in a solo game, I'll just start over and roll a new map. That "permadeath" option is a fine compromise for multiplayer but not really permadeath in the classic sense where your world deletes itself upon death. In a solo game the player can easily handle that themselves.

Roland

Roland

13 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

2. LCB and bases in general: I think we can do something about the LCB, but we are not nuking the whole base for those multiplayer folks that are sharing bases. It would really suck if Bob got eaten by a zombie only to leave Frank standing in a crater where the base used to be if Bob owned the LCB that was placed.

I think the easiest thing would be to just make LCBs and Bedrolls inactive and then if the player is playing solo they can enable chunk reset for their game and when their LCB is inactivated the chunk can be reset and all player alterations in that chunk will be erased. This way, it is still set up for multiplayer with the player's bed and LCB being canceled and if the chunk reset option isn't enabled then the rest of the party won't get screwed out of their hard work. It also acts as a double "are you sure" enactment since the player has to set the death penalty option AND set the chunk reset option.