Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Given the way a large portion of the community has raked him over hot coals every time he gives a vague estimate that isn't met, I'm honestly not surprised. I'd give up talking on the forums too. It would be really nice too if they just stopped giving any estimates at all. Since the community obviously isn't mature enough to understand the difference between an estimate and a promise.

With community you mean gamers in general. It´s not that this is a new behaviour from the gaming crowd that is exclusive to 7 days to die. If you make a deadline and can´t meet it people get upset. Does this really surprise anyone? That´s a normal behaviour even when not talking about games or software. I am well aware that it is very hard to estimate when a game or a feature of a game is done, but knowing that, why even give an estimate? People getting angry about a deadline that isn´t met, was a thing before the internet and video games already...

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

Given the way a large portion of the community has raked him over hot coals every time he gives a vague estimate that isn't met, I'm honestly not surprised. I'd give up talking on the forums too. It would be really nice too if they just stopped giving any estimates at all. Since the community obviously isn't mature enough to understand the difference between an estimate and a promise.

With community you mean gamers in general. It´s not that this is a new behaviour from the gaming crowd. If you make a deadline and can´t meet it people get upset. Does this really surprise anyone? That´s a normal behaviour even when not talking about games or software. I am well aware that it is very hard to estimate when a game or a feature of a game is done, but knowing that, why even give an estimate? People getting angry about a deadline that isn´t met, was a thing before the internet and video games already...

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

With community you mean gamers in general. It´s not that this is a new behaviour from the gaming crowd. If you make a deadline and can´t meet it people get upset. Does this really surprise anyone? That´s a normal behaviour even when not talking about games or software. I am well aware that it is very hard to estimate when a game or a feature of a game is done, but knowing that, why even give an estimate? Like said, people getting angry about a deadline that isn´t met, was a thing before the internet and video games already...