Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, NewGuy said:

Haven't been here in a long time, but was going to try out A21. Noticed that Madmole's last post was back in June and he hasn't visited the forum at all since July 2nd. I couldn't find any announcements regarding his involvement in this game, so wanted to ask you all what happened to Joel. Also, for bonus points, someone fill me in on how TFP are handling all the recent Unity Engine controversy. Are they looking at a different engine for further development?

They wouldn't be able to change the engine this far into development.  They were already going to use something else (I believe Unreal Engine) for their next game, so no changes expected.

Note that this isn't the official word as no one at TFP has given any indication of their thoughts regarding the Unity fiasco.  It is just an understanding of how much work it would be to change the engine and the cost involved in doing so, which would be almost guaranteed to be higher than the cost of Unity's price increases, not to mention the time involved.

Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, NewGuy said:

Haven't been here in a long time, but was going to try out A21. Noticed that Madmole's last post was back in June and he hasn't visited the forum at all since July 2nd. I couldn't find any announcements regarding his involvement in this game, so wanted to ask you all what happened to Joel. Also, for bonus points, someone fill me in on how TFP are handling all the recent Unity Engine controversy. Are they looking at a different engine for further development?

They wouldn't be able to change the engine this far into development.  They were already going to use something else (I believe Unreal Engine) for their next game, so no changes expected.