Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

5 hours ago, Archael said:

because of those, devs are lazy and dont even try.

Think one minute about how illocial that sounds: The devs have invested 4 years of work into changing the game from something more like your vision to what it is now, becaus they are lazy? Wouldn't a  lazy dev simply have released A16 after some polishing? This look like the devs were intentionally doing this because they WANT the game to be this way.

And while you feel this is just a looter/shooter, I see all elements or genres in the game that the devs promised. I still feel it has survival and sandbox in it. I personally don't like the massive perk-bonuses of the magazine system which is the reason for the miner playstyle to be more difficult, but apart from that the magazine system is fine.

If you want to play A21 as a miner I would suggest to make yourself independent from crafting progression as much as possible and concentrate on the few magazine types you really need. For example by using the trader to get vehicles and also buy traps instead of crafting them. And having your looter put 2 points into lockpicking (which is still affordable even if he doesn't need anything else from INT), which ironically will make him find lots of engineering magazines to bring back to you AND help him opening safes.

You can get better armor, weapons and tools either from loot or the trader as well, no need to craft them.

He also should find enough farming and cooking magazines even if not specced into them so you can be farmer/cook. If necessary, he could leave magazine boxes in cities for you and you could, from time to time, make a short trip to town to loot them.

Instead, try to pinpoint what part of suggestion is bad, and why.

Well, we can cut that short. Your suggestion is good and could be probably developed into a good game. Your draft naturally left out all the details, and only the details will determine if it eventually is a good or bad game for a specific group of players. It won't be implemented in vanilla, because the developers think they have a good game that appeals to many players as well and they have already tried out elements of your suggestions and did not like them.

meganoth

meganoth

Think one minute about how illocial that sounds: The devs have invested 4 years of work into changing the game from something more like your vision to what it is now. That does not sound like "lazy" because a lazy dev would simply have released A16 after some polishing. This look like the devs were intentionally doing this because they WANT the game to be this way.

And while you feel this is just a looter/shooter, I see all elements or genres in the game that the devs promised. I still feel it has survival and sandbox in it. I personally don't like the massive perk-bonuses of the magazine system which is the reason for the miner playstyle to be more difficult, but apart from that the magazine system is fine.

If you want to play A21 as a miner I would suggest to make yourself independent from crafting progression as much as possible and concentrate on the few magazine types you really need. For example by using the trader to get vehicles and also buy traps instead of crafting them. And having your looter put 2 points into lockpicking (which is still affordable even if he doesn't need anything else from INT), which ironically will make him find lots of engineering magazines to bring back to you AND help him opening safes.

You can get better armor, weapons and tools either from loot or the trader as well, no need to craft them.

He also should find enough farming and cooking magazines even if not specced into them so you can be farmer/cook. If necessary, he could leave magazine boxes in cities for you and you could, from time to time, make a short trip to town to loot them.

Well, we can cut that short. Your suggestion is good and could be probably developed into a good game. Your draft naturally left out all the details, and only the details will determine if it eventually is a good or bad game for a specific group of players. It won't be implemented in vanilla, because the developers think they have a good game that appeals to many players as well and they have already tried out elements of your suggestions and did not like them.

meganoth

meganoth

Think one minute about how idiotic that sounds: The devs have invested 4 years of work into changing the game from something more like your vision to what it is now. That does not sound like "lazy" because a lazy dev would simply have released A16 after some polishing. This look like the devs were intentionally doing this because they WANT the game to be this way.

meganoth

meganoth

Think one minute about how idiotic that sounds: The devs have invested 4 years of work into changing the game from something more like your vision to what it is now. That does not sound like "lazy" because a lazy dev would simply have released A16 after some polishing. This look like the devs were intentionally doing this because they WANT the game to be this way.

Well, we can cut that short. Your suggestion is good and could be probably developed into a good game. Your draft naturally left out all the details, and only the details will determine if it eventually is a good or bad game for a specific group of players. It won't be implemented in vanilla, because the developers think they have a good game as well that appeals to many players as well.

meganoth

meganoth

4 hours ago, Archael said:

If you want to play A21 as a miner I would suggest to make yourself independent from crafting progression as much as possible, by using the trader to get vehicles and also buy traps there, and having your looter put points into lockpicking, which ironically will make him find lots of engineering magazines to bring back to you AND help him opening safes. You can get better armor, weapons and tools either from loot or the trader as well, no need to craft it. He also should find enough farming and cooking magazines even if not specced into them so you can be farmer/cook. If necessary, he could leave magazine boxes in cities for you and you could, from time to time, make a short trip to town to loot them.

4 hours ago, Archael said:

Well, we can cut that short. Your suggestion is good and could be probably developed into a good game. Your draft naturally left out all the details, and only the details will determine if it eventually is a good or bad game for a specific group of players. It won't be implemented in vanilla, because the developers think they have a good game as well that appeals to many players as well.