Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

OP:  Just so you are completely aware!

The drone/vehicle issue can be a problem.  I've experienced this myself.  The only practical way I've found to get them back is to trace my steps to the last place I'd remember seeing it.   I've also restarted my game and sometimes that helped.

But, there is a caveat!  The drone can be damaged to the point of 0% quite easily, and thus might also be the reason how that drone got left behind.  It ceases to function and just sits down on whatever available ground there might be.

A note for future reference for you... vehicles will post their coordinates every so often in your console/log, so finding them is pretty easy instead of running around retracing your steps.  The drone bug is another matter as the drone can be completely lost when driving and not be recoverable when the bug occurs.  Also, drones only rarely post their coordinates to the console/log, which is a pain if you are trying to find it and it doesn't show on your compass.  They do always post right when you join a game, so you do have the option of exiting and joining to get the coordinates.

Riamus

Riamus

7 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

The drone/vehicle issue can be a problem.  I've experienced this myself.  The only practical way I've found to get them back is to trace my steps to the last place I'd remember seeing it.   I've also restarted my game and sometimes that helped.

But, there is a caveat!  The drone can be damaged to the point of 0% quite easily, and thus might also be the reason how that drone got left behind.  It ceases to function and just sits down on whatever available ground there might be.

A note for future reference for you... vehicles will pay their coordinates every so often in your console/log, so finding them is pretty easy instead of running around retracing your steps.  The drone bug is another matter as the drone can be completely lost when driving and not be recoverable when the bug occurs.  Also, drones only rarely post their coordinates to the console/log, which is a pain if you are trying to find it and it doesn't show on your compass.  They do always post right when you join a game, so you do have the option of exiting and joining to get the coordinates.

Riamus

Riamus

4 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

A note for future reference for you... vehicles will pay their coordinates every so often in your console/log, so finding them is pretty easy instead of running around retracing your steps.  The drone bug is another matter as the drone can be completely lost when driving and not be recoverable when the bug occurs.  Also, drones only rarely post their coordinates to the console/log, which is a pain if you are trying to find it and it doesn't show on your compass.