Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

On 10/1/2023 at 4:15 AM, Kalen said:

I've said this before, but item degradation is my answer to making parts more valuable.   If it were up to me, every time you repaired an item there would be a chance it degrades in quality level.   The greater your crafting skill, the less the chance but it will never be non zero.   The result of this would be that eventually, you're going to want to recraft the item... keeping crafting relevant and giving you a reason to stockpile the resources to recraft an item.

I would love the immersion of removing the ability to repair on the fly.  I would recommend that change to be only done in a work bench or some other form of maintenance station.  Make it require a part or two depending on the tier of the item in question.  This would lead to the need to have multiple items in question.  But, to combat part scarcity, I'd likely want most parts to be craftable.

Imagine the horde night where your AK just $h&ts the bed and you don't have a spare!  I doubt anything like that would be added to the base game, but someone needs to poke a modder about something like that.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

On 10/1/2023 at 4:15 AM, Kalen said:

I've said this before, but item degradation is my answer to making parts more valuable.   If it were up to me, every time you repaired an item there would be a chance it degrades in quality level.   The greater your crafting skill, the less the chance but it will never be non zero.   The result of this would be that eventually, you're going to want to recraft the item... keeping crafting relevant and giving you a reason to stockpile the resources to recraft an item.

I would love the immersion of removing the ability to repair on the fly.  I would recommend that change to be only done in a work bench or some other form of maintenance station.  Make it require a part or two depending on the tier of the item in question.  This would lead to the need to have multiple items in question.

Imagine the horde night where your AK just $h&ts the bed and you don't have a spare!  I doubt anything like that would be added to the base game, but someone needs to poke a modder about something like that.