Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
8_Hussars

8_Hussars

clarity

2 hours ago, ungkor said:

This is a random late night thought, but it seems like this game has been going in the direction of games like Diablo.   Run POI's (dungeons) over and over and over, to incrementally gain skills and weapons. 

Instead of finding a weapon, you find gun/weapon parts.  Instead of leveling and applying skills, you read 100's of books over and over to gain skills.  

I might be in the minority here, but I'd much rather see this game evolve into a more RPG experience than a Diablo experience.  

Unfortunately, until the trader is balanced properly (both quests and inventory) the min/max path will always be questing and an over reliance on looting.

The RPG experience is certainly there but a player has to impose the sandbox limits/conditions themselves or embrace an overhaul mod that has the game play interests the player values.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

8_Hussars

8_Hussars

2 hours ago, ungkor said:

This is a random late night thought, but it seems like this game has been going in the direction of games like Diablo.   Run POI's (dungeons) over and over and over, to incrementally gain skills and weapons. 

Instead of finding a weapon, you find gun/weapon parts.  Instead of leveling and applying skills, you read 100's of books over and over to gain skills.  

I might be in the minority here, but I'd much rather see this game evolve into a more RPG experience than a Diablo experience.  

Unfortunately, until the trader is balanced properly (both quests and inventory) the min/max path will always be questing and an over reliance on looting.

The RPG experience is certainly there but a player has to impose the sandbox limits/conditions themselves or embrace an overhaul mod that has the game play interests the value.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing.