Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

On 9/22/2023 at 9:58 PM, Weazelsun said:

Wait, what? Dew collectors actually increase heat? TIL. I personally haven't expereince that yet. But, now knowing this makes me giddy.  

oh yeah, they attract screamers like mad if you get enough.  I have to build a raised platform and use cobble 3 blocks high and 3 walls deep, surround it with wood spikes.

Build a stairway that goes high enough, but leave a space open so you can jump but unless you're up there, zeds wont jump.   I have stood on this platform for 5 minutes and just pick em off practically every thirty seconds.  My group and I have 55 dew collectors on this platform.  The only way to keep this thing safe is to murder everything that spawns and vacate the chunk as quickly as you can so the game will suppress anything while youre away.

It is wise to build this away from your tradeskill base, or you'll just be washed out by screamers.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

Wait, what? Dew collectors actually increase heat? TIL. I personally haven't expereince that yet. But, now knowing this makes me giddy.  

oh yeah, they attract screamers like mad if you get enough.  I have to build a raised platform and use cobble 3 blocks high and 3 walls deep, surround it with wood spikes.

Build a stairway that goes high enough, but leave a space open so you can jump but unless you're up there, zeds wont jump.   I have stood on this platform for 5 minutes and just pick em off practically every thirty seconds.  My group and I have 30 dew collectors on this platform.  The only way to keep this thing safe is to murder everything that spawns and vacate the chunk as quickly as you can so the game will suppress anything while youre away.

It is wise to build this away from your tradeskill base, or you'll just be washed out by screamers.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

Build a stairway that goes high enough, but leave a space open so you can jump but unless you're up there, zeds wont jump.   I have stood on this platform for 5 minutes and just pick em off practically every thirty seconds.  My group and I have 30 dew collectors on this platform.  The only way to keep this thing safe is to murder everything that spawns and vacate the chunk as quickly as you can so the game will suppress anything while youre away.

It is wise to build this away from your tradeskill base, or you'll just be washed out screamers.