Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

23 hours ago, TheBunz said:

1.Have you actually played this game on default settings or just with mods?

2. Have you ever went camping?

It's 7 days to dehydration while swimming through rivers, or 7 days living next to the trader. By far THE dumbest update in the last 10 patches.

I don't play this game with mods, though I do use prefab packs to increase diversity.  I adjust some settings and I do play on 2 hour days, but that just means what I say I get in 1 day is what you would get in 2 days with default settings, so doesn't really change resource gathering.

Looting will get you a lot of murky water.  If you make that into tea to drink instead of drinking it after just boiling it, it will last longer.  If you are really struggling with water, try not to sprint as it uses more water and food, though I always sprint.  Don't eat food that drains your water (bagged potatoes, charred meat, corn on the cob, corn bread, etc).  Try to avoid pills that strain your water as well.

These are just some ways to easily have plenty of water for drinking and cooking.  If you plan to make a lot of glue for crafting things, then you will need dew collectors.  But if not, you don't need any of you just loot regularly.

This is all without needing to use a trader.  If you have really horrible luck finding a pot, you might need to buy one, but I can't think of any time that I have bought one.  Other than that, no need for a trader to have water unless you buy filters.

Riamus

Riamus

21 hours ago, TheBunz said:

1.Have you actually played this game on default settings or just with mods?

2. Have you ever went camping?

It's 7 days to dehydration while swimming through rivers, or 7 days living next to the trader. By far THE dumbest update in the last 10 patches.

I don't play this game with mods, though I do use prefab packs to increase diversity.  I adjust some settings and I do play on 2 hour days, but that just means what I say I get in 1 day is what you would get in 2 days with default settings, so doesn't really change resource gathering.

Looting will get you a lot of murky water.  If you make that into tea to drink instead of drinking it after just boiling it, it will last longer.  If you are really struggling with water, try not to sprint as it uses more water and food, though I always sprint.  Don't eat food that drains your water (bagged potatoes, charred meat, corn on the cob, corn bread, etc).  Try to avoid pills that strain your water as well.

These are just some ways to easily have plenty of water for drinking and cooking.  If you plan to make a lot of glue for crafting things, then you will need dew collectors.  But if not, you don't need any of you just loot regularly.