Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

13 hours ago, TheBunz said:

1.Have you actually played this game on default settings or just with mods?

2. Have you ever went camping?

It's 7 days to dehydration while swimming through rivers, or 7 days living next to the trader. By far THE dumbest update in the last 10 patches.

I've prolly forgotten more homework about this game than I currently act upon as of current iteration of A21 and have been working through those iterations since late 2015.  I most often I play on Warrior difficulty/2 hour days/vanilla loot/max horde/10k maps/5 traders total/some PvP, and I more often have my setup in the desert.   Do you understand how the toggles in your game even work?  You even got other players here on this thread telling you how to find stuff, but yet you ignored all that to come after lil old me.   *more soulless stare*  😐

I could go into vast detail what you're up against, but let's just stick to the obvious.   You've no idea what you're even talking about.  You can literally loot water in almost every POI in this game.  There are kitchens, bathrooms, office break rooms, storm drains, culverts, rivers (All of my maps are water borders), restaurants, fast food joints, drugs, perklines, etc etc  The list of how to combat thirst and hunger is extensive.  You don't need a trader's permission to loot any of that.  As a reverse strategy, you don't need to sprint everywhere, attack dog every zed in visual range, or waste your time on short term band aids to fix long term problems, or drop all your perks in one basket.  I can't remember the last time I died to starvation and hunger, in both modded and unmodded plays.

This is on TOP of the fact that the survival immersion of this game is nothing like survival in the real world.  I could go into greater detail about that, but let's just stick to the issue at hand.   I would posit you're either lazy, too proud to drink water from a virtual toilet, too arrogant to get out of your own way, or you play entirely flailing forward with the trader treadmill.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

It's 7 days to dehydration while swimming through rivers, or 7 days living next to the trader. By far THE dumbest update in the last 10 patches.

I've prolly forgotten more homework about this game than I currently act upon as of current iteration of A21 and have been working through those iterations since late 2015.  I most often I play on Warrior difficulty/2 hour days/vanilla loot/max horde/10k maps/5 traders total/some PvP, and I more often have my setup in the desert.   Do you understand how the toggles in your game even work?  You even got other players here on this thread telling you how to find stuff, but yet you ignored all that to come after lil old me.   *more soulless stare*  😐

I could go into vast detail what you're up against, but let's just stick to the obvious.   You've no idea what you're even talking about.  You can literally loot water in almost every POI in this game.  There are kitchens, bathrooms, office break rooms, storm drains, culverts, rivers (All of my maps are water borders), restaurants, fast food joints, drugs, perklines, etc etc  The list of how to combat thirst and hunger is extensive.  You don't need a trader's permission to loot any of that.  As a reverse strategy, you don't need to sprint everywhere, attack dog every zed in visual range, or waste your time on short term band aids to fix long term problems, or drop all your perks in one basket.  I can't remember the last time I died to starvation and hunger.

This is on TOP of the fact that the survival immersion of this game is nothing like survival in the real world.  I could go into greater detail about that, but let's just stick to the issue at hand.   I would posit you're either lazy, too proud to drink water from a virtual toilet, too arrogant to get out of your own way, or you play entirely flailing forward with the trader treadmill.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

I could go into vast detail what you're up against, but let's just stick to the obvious.   You've no idea what you're even talking about.  You can literally loot water in almost every POI in this game.  There are kitchens, bathrooms, office break rooms, storm drains, culverts, rivers (All of my maps are water borders), restaurants, fast food joints, drugs, perklines, etc etc  The list of how to combat thirst and hunger is extensive.  You don't need a trader's permission to loot any of that.  As a reverse strategy, you don't need to sprint everywhere, attack dog every zed in visual range, or waste your time on short term band aids to fix long term problems, or drop all your perks in one basket.  Since A21, I've died from starvation and thirst exactly 0 times.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

I could go into vast detail what you're up against, but let's just stick to the obvious.   You've no idea what you're even talking about.  You can literally loot water in almost every POI in this game.  There are kitchens, bathrooms, office break rooms, storm drains, culverts, rivers (All of my maps are water borders), restaurants, fast food joints, drugs, perklines, etc etc  The list of how to combat thirst and hunger is extensive.  You don't need a trader's permission to loot any of that.  As a reverse strategy, you don't need to sprint everywhere, attack dog every zed in visual range, or waste your time on short term band aids to fix long term problems.  Since A21, I've died from starvation and thirst exactly 0 times.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

I could go into vast detail what you're up against, but let's just stick to the obvious.   You've no idea what you're even talking about.  You can literally loot water in almost every POI in this game.  There are kitchens, bathrooms, office break rooms, storm drains, culverts, rivers (All of my maps are water borders), restaurants, fast food joints, drugs, perklines, etc etc  The list of how to combat thirst and hunger is extensive.  You don't need a trader's permission to loot any of that.  As a reverse strategy, you don't need to sprint everywhere, attack dog every zed in visual range, or waste your time on short term band aids to fix long term problems.  Since A21, I've died from starvation and thirst exactly 0 times.

This is on TOP of the fact that the survival immersion of this game is nothing like survival in the real world.  I could go into greater detail about that, but let's just stick to the issue at hand.   I would posit you're either lazy, too proud to drink water from a virtual toilet, too arrogant to get out of your own way, or you play knowing only how to run the trader treadmill (and flailing forward doing even that.)

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

This is on TOP of the fact that the survival immersion of this game is nothing like survival in the real world.  I could go into greater detail about that, but let's just stick to the issue at hand.   I would posit you're either lazy, too proud to drink water from a virtual toilet, too arrogant to get out of your own way, or you play knowing only how to run the trader treadmill.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

This is on TOP of the fact that the survival immersion of this game is nothing like survival in the real world.  I could go into greater detail about that, but let's just stick to the issue at hand.   I would posit you're either lazy, too proud to drink water from a virtual toilet, or you play knowing only how to run the trader treadmill.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

I could go into vast detail what you're up against, but let's just stick to the obvious.   You've no idea what you're even talking about.  You can literally loot water in almost every POI in this game.  There are kitchens, bathrooms, office break rooms, storm drains, culverts, rivers (All of my maps are water borders), restaurants, fast food joints, drugs, perklines, etc etc  The list of how to combat thirst and hunger is extensive.  You don't need a trader's permission to loot any of that.  As a reverse strategy, you don't need to sprint everywhere, attack dog every zed in visual range, or waste your time on short term band aids to fix long term problems.

This is on TOP of the fact that the survival immersion of this game is nothing like survival in the real world.  I could go into greater detail about that, but let's just stick to the issue at hand.   I would posit you're either lazy, too proud to drink water from a virtual toilet, or you play knowing only how to run the trader treadmill.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

I could go into vast detail what you're up against, but let's just stick to the obvious.   You've no idea what you're even talking about.  You can literally loot water in almost every POI in this game.  There are kitchens, bathrooms, office break rooms, storm drains, culverts, rivers (All of my maps are water borders), restaurants, fast food joints, etc etc  The list is extensive.  You don't need a trader's permission to loot any of that.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

12 hours ago, TheBunz said:

I could go into vast detail what you're up against, but let's just stick to the obvious.   You've no idea what you're even talking about.  You can literally loot water in almost every POI in this game.  There are kitchens, bathrooms, office break rooms, storm drains, culverts, rivers (All of my maps are water borders), restaurants, fast food joints, etc etc  The list is extensive.  You don't need a trader's permission to loot any of that.

You're missing the forest for the trees, and you're complaining about TFP making these changes, all while white knighting modders who have less experience and flexibility in the exact same code environment, and this is on TOP of the fact that the survival immersion of this game is nothing like survival in the real world.   That isn't even an attack on modders at large because some of them do really good work.  I could go into greater detail about that, but let's just stick to the issue at hand.   I would posit you're either lazy, too proud to drink water from a virtual toilet, or you play knowing only how to run the trader treadmill.