Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, FramFramson said:

We don't know that. The BIGGEST players using the Unity engine are ones with huge legal departments - Disney's law firm for example is actually an entire subsidiary company which may be larger than Unity's entire business.

Just because we haven't heard any public comments from Disney, Nintendo, etc. doesn't mean their lawyers haven't been sending strongly-worded (and strongly-backed) letters and inquiries to Unity.

And exactly because they have such large law firms I am pretty sure they did not enter a state of panic. They just let loose some lawyers to deal with that.

And if there were any dubious language in Unity's contracts that would allow changing costs for already published games they would not have used Unity in the first place because they have the manpower to check every contract they sign. So I am pretty sure Disneys lawyers think they would win in court if Unity tries to get money from them for old games.

meganoth

meganoth

We don't know that. The BIGGEST players using the Unity engine are ones with huge legal departments - Disney's law firm for example is actually an entire subsidiary company which may be larger than Unity's entire business.

Just because we haven't heard any public comments from Disney, Nintendo, etc. doesn't mean their lawyers haven't been sending strongly-worded (and strongly-backed) letters and inquiries to Unity.

And exactly because they have such large law firms I am pretty sure they did not enter a state of panic. They just let loose some lawyers to deal with that.

And if there were any dubious language in Unity's contracts that would allow changing costs for already published games they would not have used Unity in the first place because they have the manpower to check every contract they sign. So I am pretty sure Disneys lawyers are sure that Unity can't make them pay for old games.

meganoth

meganoth

And if there were any dubious language in Unity's contracts that would allow changing costs for already published games they would not have used Unity in the first place because they have the manpower to check every contract they sign

meganoth

meganoth

And exactly because they have such large law firms I am pretty sure they did not enter a state of panic (you can be very calm while you send out strongly-worded letters). They just let loose some lawyers to deal with that.

And if there were any dubious language in Unity's contracts that would allow changing costs for already published games they would not have used Unity in the first place because they have the manpower to check every contract they sign

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

And if there were any dubious language in Unity's contracts they would not have used Unity in the first place.

meganoth

meganoth