Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

4 minutes ago, warmer said:

Until you know how they are tracking we are all making a bunch of noise. Not one of us has a real picture on how this works. The best thing to do in this situation is to NOT blow things out of proportion, but there are lots of people making a ton of assumptions.

I am coming from the perspective things get tracked correctly, whereas everyone else is "assuming" things are going to be shady.

And how would they legally track this accurately?  They can get sales data legally but not install data.  At least in the US and, I believe EU.  I don't know about the rest of the world.

Also, this is direct from the unity website:

We leverage our own proprietary data model and will provide estimates of the number of times the runtime is distributed for a given project – this estimate will cover an invoice for all platforms.

So it is estimated and not actually tracked.

Riamus

Riamus

1 minute ago, warmer said:

Until you know how they are tracking we are all making a bunch of noise. Not one of us has a real picture on how this works. The best thing to do in this situation is to NOT blow things out of proportion, but there are lots of people making a ton of assumptions.

I am coming from the perspective things get tracked correctly, whereas everyone else is "assuming" things are going to be shady.

And how would they legally track this accurately?  They can get sales data legally but not install data.  At least in the US and, I believe EU.  I don't know about the rest of the world.