Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Gamida

Gamida

11 hours ago, warmer said:

I realize this. It's $0.20 cents from what I read. You'd have to install the game 100x before it would cost as much as 7D2D did.

No one installs a game that many times. I might install a game 3 or 4 times max. That's a whopping $0.80

Why is this a huge problem?

Legacy games won't be charged, you'd have to use an updated version of unity for this to take effect. This isn't backward compatible. If it wasn't already written into the game engine when the game was compiled, this isn't an issue.

I just watched a stream of Asmongold watching a stream of a game dev talking about it.

He mentions (the dev) a lot of points that seem to show it is not that good.

Some games are going to be charged retroactively from what he explained.

You mentioned you only installed 3 or 4 times so only .80 cents but with 10's of thousands or even up in the hundreds, that could add up quickly.

If I see the devs stream I will link it here.

Gamida

Gamida

11 hours ago, warmer said:

I realize this. It's $0.20 cents from what I read. You'd have to install the game 100x before it would cost as much as 7D2D did.

No one installs a game that many times. I might install a game 3 or 4 times max. That's a whopping $0.80

Why is this a huge problem?

Legacy games won't be charged, you'd have to use an updated version of unity for this to take effect. This isn't backward compatible. If it wasn't already written into the game engine when the game was compiled, this isn't an issue.

I just watched a stream of Asmongold watching a stream of a game dev talking about it.

He mentions (the dev) a lot of points that seem to show it is not that good.

Some games are going to be charged retroactively from what he explained.

You mentioned you only installed 3 or 4 times so only .80 cents but with 10's of thousands or even up in the hundreds, that could add up quickly.

If I see the devs stream I will link it here.