Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Krougal

Krougal

I think I said it here but maybe it was a different conversation.

The urban areas have @%$# tons (metric) of news stands in rows and plenty of mailboxes too.

Once you've got a motorcycle it's trivial to ride around looting them even if your base is far away.

If the group left them for the base @%$# to loot that would be 1 viable method.

Granted motorcycle might be a bit too long to wait, but depending on distance minibike or even bicycle is viable.

Another option would be hitting a crack a book and the team letting you loot it while they clear it.

I don't consider this magazine system optimal either (I am not even sure if I like it...well, no I don't like it...I tolerate it I guess) but there are ways to minimize the inconveniences.

I couldn't play at Roland's snail pace either, I especially don't even want to deal with tier 0 @%$# for longer than about 5 minutes. I mean wtf is this Soviet invasion era Afghanistan? No, actually the Afghans living semi-nomadic and making guns in caves still turned out much higher quality weapons than these crap pipe guns and stone tools.

It seems like the MP groups are having more trouble adapting their playstyles than the SP, but those are just 2 partial solutions. Of course modding out the bonus chances from skills and making the mags just plain random would probably solve a lot of MP issues.

16 hours ago, Riamus said:

I think everyone agrees that with the perks affecting drop chance of magazines, it creates situations where you may have a harder time getting magazines that you or your party aren't perked into and this can adversely affect a stay at home player especially.  Roland has also acknowledged that.  There are ways to mitigate it somewhat but it still can slow you down and be harder to progress.  Even for a single player, if you don't perk into something, you can fall behind on those magazines and perking into some things early in the game isn't necessarily the best option.

Keeping that in mind, the reason Roland has said for the perks affecting drop chance is as a safety net so you can always get what you need and not run behind or struggle to get the magazines you need.  So the purpose is to make it so you don't have a hard time getting what you need and yet it still makes it a harder time to get what you need.  I think that is a fail.  Better to just remove the increased drop chance from perks.  If it was never added, I don't think you would see as many people frustrated as you do now.

Yeah, solo player for instance I find grease monkey to be an un-needed luxury, even with an int build, and yet unless you want to wait forever and a day to get a gyrocopter you need to perk into it. Of course it just makes fergettin elixir something to buy stock in, but then besides solar panels what are we really saving our Dukes for anyway.

I think they just need to do another balancing pass on it. I think we all agree it was a good idea in theory but the execution wasn't.

Krougal

Krougal

The urban areas have @%$# tons (metric) of news stands in rows and plenty of mailboxes too.

Once you've got a motorcycle it's trivial to ride around looting them even if your base is far away.

Granted motorcycle might be a bit to long to wait, but depending on distance minibike or even bicycle is viable.

Another option would be hitting a crack a book and the team letting you loot it while they clear it.

I don't consider this magazine system optimal either (I am not even sure if I like it...well, no I don't like it...I tolerate it I guess) but there are ways to minimize the inconveniences.

I couldn't play at Roland's snail pace either, I especially don't even want to deal with tier 0 @%$# for longer than about 5 minutes. I mean wtf is this Soviet invasion era Afghanistan? No, actually the Afghans living semi-nomadic and making guns in caves still turned out much higher quality weapons than these crap pipe guns and stone tools.

It seems like the MP groups are having more trouble adapting their playstyles than the SP, but those are just 2 partial solutions. Of course modding out the bonus chances from skills and making the mags just plain random would probably solve a lot of MP issues.

16 hours ago, Riamus said:

I think everyone agrees that with the perks affecting drop chance of magazines, it creates situations where you may have a harder time getting magazines that you or your party aren't perked into and this can adversely affect a stay at home player especially.  Roland has also acknowledged that.  There are ways to mitigate it somewhat but it still can slow you down and be harder to progress.  Even for a single player, if you don't perk into something, you can fall behind on those magazines and perking into some things early in the game isn't necessarily the best option.

Keeping that in mind, the reason Roland has said for the perks affecting drop chance is as a safety net so you can always get what you need and not run behind or struggle to get the magazines you need.  So the purpose is to make it so you don't have a hard time getting what you need and yet it still makes it a harder time to get what you need.  I think that is a fail.  Better to just remove the increased drop chance from perks.  If it was never added, I don't think you would see as many people frustrated as you do now.

Yeah, solo player for instance I find grease monkey to be an un-needed luxury, even with an int build, and yet unless you want to wait forever and a day to get a gyrocopter you need to perk into it. Of course it just makes fergettin elixir something to buy stock in, but then besides solar panels what are we really saving our Dukes for anyway.

I think they just need to do another balancing pass on it. I think we all agree it was a good idea in theory but the execution wasn't.

Krougal

Krougal

The urban areas have @%$# tons (metric) of new stands in rows and plenty of mailboxes too.

Granted motorcycle might be a bit to long to wait, but depending on distance minibike or even bicycle is viable.

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

Krougal

Krougal

The urban areas have @%$# tons (metric) of new stands in rows and plenty of mailboxes too.