Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

Imo the Learn by reading feels kinda.... rushed. Imo like no lead up, no discussion that I remember, just.  Hey in alpha 21 we are adding LBR

While I like the system. And its fun in single player, multi-player is kinda a pain. The host mostly reads them. Aka me. 

I can't imagine what servers are like.  People are ether stuck in the stone age or keep hitting the traders and double loot up.

Nobody is stuck in stone age when he plays the full game. You make it sound like using the trader is some special mode of playing. Which it isn't. Avoiding the trader (for example because of the balance problems) is the special mode.

And this special mode works but you need to do some voodoo to make it work: Take only a few of the magazine-boosting perks. Take the lockpick perk instead of engineering when you want to bulld workstations (this is definitely voodoo).

Non-voodoo but very effective: Hit bookshops and mailboxes etc.

If you are playing co-op and read all the magazines then that is your choice, maybe even the right choice in your specific situation. But we play co-op multi-player as well and everyone in our group reads some of the magazines and this works well too.

meganoth

meganoth

59 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Imo the Learn by reading feels kinda.... rushed. Imo like no lead up, no discussion that I remember, just.  Hey in alpha 21 we are adding LBR

While I like the system. And its fun in single player, multi-player is kinda a pain. The host mostly reads them. Aka me. 

I can't imagine what servers are like.  People are ether stuck in the stone age or keep hitting the traders and double loot up.

Nobody is stuck in stone age when he plays the full game. You make it sound like using the trader is some special mode of playing. Which it isn't. Avoiding the trader (for example because of the balance problems) is the special mode.

And this special mode works but you need to do some voodoo to make it work: Take only a few of the magazine-boosting perks. Take the lockpick perk instead of engineering when you want to bulld workstations (this is definitely voodoo).

Non-voodoo but very effective: Hit bookshops and mailboxes etc.

If you play co-op and read all the magazines that is your choice, maybe even the right choice in your specific situation. But we play co-op multi-player as well and everyone in our group reads some of the magazines and this works well too.