Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

51 minutes ago, Roland said:

I find this a bit over dramatic, sorry. The cost to make 20 or so repair kits is negligible. There is no reason you can't have that "little bit of fun you used to have". It just isn't endlessly free to do now but the actual cost to do it is also super low. In addition the visual and effective reward for running over zombies is way better now than it was which adds to the fun.

I get the disappointment of having to pay for something that used to be free but let's be honest here, you can plow through a crowd of zombies spraying gore and gaining xp and the only cost is a few repair kits to get back up to 100% on your vehicle health.

Two points.  It is less about cost and more about how often you need to do it if you want to just drive crazy.  Driving isn't exactly a fun thing to do if you are driving from point A to point B.  And neither is stopping every five or ten minutes for repairs if you want to drive crazy and have fun running into stuff.  If the time between repairs was higher but the cost was scaled to match, it wouldn't be an issue for me.  Make it cost 20x what it does now but make it take 20x the time to degrade and I'd be fine with it.  You may think this opinion is dramatic but it is still my opinion and I'm not the only one who does not like the change.

Second, whether or not the new changes to graphics when running over zombies is an improvement is subjective.  I personally think the blood mist looks fake.  And I much preferred seeing zombies ragdoll through the air and even end up laying across the hood of my 4x4 for a while as I was driving along or bears rolling over the top of me rather than just dropping to the ground in a red mist.  So I think the enjoyment of running them down decreased significantly in A21 even ignoring damage changes.

Riamus

Riamus

38 minutes ago, Roland said:

I find this a bit over dramatic, sorry. The cost to make 20 or so repair kits is negligible. There is no reason you can't have that "little bit of fun you used to have". It just isn't endlessly free to do now but the actual cost to do it is also super low. In addition the visual and effective reward for running over zombies is way better now than it was which adds to the fun.

I get the disappointment of having to pay for something that used to be free but let's be honest here, you can plow through a crowd of zombies spraying gore and gaining xp and the only cost is a few repair kits to get back up to 100% on your vehicle health.

Two points.  It is Jesse about cost and more about how often you need to do it if you want to just drive crazy.  Driving isn't exactly a fun thing to do if you are driving from point A to point B.  And neither is stopping every five or ten minutes if you want to drive crazy and have fun running into stuff.  If the time between repairs was higher but the cost was scaled to match, it wouldn't be an issue for me.  Make it cost 20x what it does now but make it take 20x the time to degrade and I'd be fine with it.  You may think this opinion is dramatic but it is still my opinion and I'm not the only one who does not like the change.

Second, whether or not the new changes to graphics when running over zombies is an improvement is subjective.  I personally think the blood mist looks fake.  And I much preferred seeing zombies ragdoll through the air and even end up laying across the hood of my 4x4 for a while add I was driving along rather than just dropping to the ground in a red mist.  So I think the enjoyment of running them down decreased significantly in A21 even ignoring damage changes.