Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

7 hours ago, FramFramson said:

I think the biggest warping effect is everyone in single player having to invest somewhat heavily (during the early game) into Int, even if you're not going Int at all. Like, your real build is always a ???/Int hybrid build in singleplayer. That or you're buying a lot of fergettin' elixir.

Though even in Multiplayer, the Int person will still often be a hybrid as well, because not everyone wants to go junk turrets and stun batons.

There is always the trader as an alternative to crafting the stuff yourself (especially for workstations and vehicles). And if you don't spread your points too much a single point into say vehicles may even be enough to get you vehicles in acceptable time (this would have to be tested though). Which I would not call hybrid.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Not everyone feels that way, I tend to invest very little in Int (I don't use the elixirs at all) unless I am specifically wanting to play a heavy Int build.  I may invest a perk point or two at the beginning but I am usually at Int 1 for most of the early / mid game.  I tend to focus more on the tree I am wanting to play that playthrough.

If you want a challenge, don't use elixirs and don't spend in strength / int trees if you are going a different build, like Agility.

Using your mod or vanillla?

Not getting a vehicle or waiting a long time for it is less about challenge and more about missing comfort.

meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, FramFramson said:

I think the biggest warping effect is everyone in single player having to invest somewhat heavily (during the early game) into Int, even if you're not going Int at all. Like, your real build is always a ???/Int hybrid build in singleplayer. That or you're buying a lot of fergettin' elixir.

Though even in Multiplayer, the Int person will still often be a hybrid as well, because not everyone wants to go junk turrets and stun batons.

There is always the trader as an alternative to crafting the stuff yourself (especially for workstations and vehicles). And if you don't spread your points too much a single point into say vehicles may even be enough to get you vehicles in acceptable time (this would have to be tested though). Which I would not call hybrid.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Not everyone feels that way, I tend to invest very little in Int (I don't use the elixirs at all) unless I am specifically wanting to play a heavy Int build.  I may invest a perk point or two at the beginning but I am usually at Int 1 for most of the early / mid game.  I tend to focus more on the tree I am wanting to play that playthrough.

If you want a challenge, don't use elixirs and don't spend in strength / int trees if you are going a different build, like Agility.

Using your mod or vanillla?

Not getting a vehicle or waiting a long time for it is not as much a case of challenge but more one of missing comfort.