Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

That was one example to show how random the system can be, for the sole purpose to show how rng sucks for skills. Not because i needed bacon and eggs that bad.

Okay, it was the example you just had available, I give you that.

Only that your example may not suck from a game designers point of view because it promotes slighty different problems each time you play and therefore replayability. Your example just doesn't have that life-threatening game f** up beyond repair have-to-restart kind of ring to it that would denote a non-desirable situation to a game designer. What it shows is that crafting progression is still somewhat random (which isn't something nobody has noticed yet) but it didn't show the negative side. And you need a negative side for the rest of your argument that implies the the system needs to change, right?

To make that clear: RNG and skills is something that should never be related to each other in a game. Not because i can´t get something fast enough but because it´s simply a bad idea.

Isn't this an argument loop? It is a bad idea because it is a bad idea.

Also because it creates a really horrible meta with looting one place multiple times and abusing fergettin elixir.

Ok. That seems to be a general problem of any POI that is more desirable than other places. Even without the magazine system, i.e. with the previous schematics you could have done that and come away with practically all schematics that you could potentially find at some level. In other words, we are not worse of than before.

And the potential of fergettin to just spec into INT, build the motorbike and chem station, then respec to something else, is again the inherent potential of the fergetting elixier that would exist even more if perks were used to give you crafting skills. The only way to stop fergettin to be so damn good is to make it very expensive and dukes not so easy to get, or add level unlocks to recipes, i.e. the level gates almost everyone hated when they were in the game.

meganoth

meganoth

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

That was one example to show how random the system can be, for the sole purpose to show how rng sucks for skills. Not because i needed bacon and eggs that bad.

Okay, it was the example you just had available, I give you that.

Only that your example may not suck from a game designers point of view because it promotes slighty different problems each time you play and therefore replayability. Your example just doesn't have that life-threatening game f** up beyond repair have-to-restart kind of ring to it that would denote a non-desirable situation to a game designer. What it shows is that crafting progression is still somewhat random (which isn't something nobody has noticed yet) but it doesn't show the negative side. And you need a negative side for the rest of your argument that implies the the system needs to change, right?

To make that clear: RNG and skills is something that should never be related to each other in a game. Not because i can´t get something fast enough but because it´s simply a bad idea.

That is not making it clear. That is an argument loop: It is a bad idea because it is a bad idea.

Also because it creates a really horrible meta with looting one place multiple times and abusing fergettin elixir.

Ok. That seems to be a general problem of any POI that is more desirable than other places. Even without the magazine system, i.e. with the previous schematics you could have done that and come away with practically all schematics that you could potentially find at some level. In other words, we are not worse of than before.

And the potential of fergettin to just spec into INT, build the motorbike and chem station, then respec to something else, is again the inherent potential of the fergetting elixier that would exist even more if perks were used to give you crafting skills. The only way to stop fergettin to be so damn good is to make it very expensive and dukes not so easy to get, or add level unlocks to recipes, i.e. the level gates almost everyone hated when they were in the game.