Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

57 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Right now my group has about 16 dew collectors, 2 camp fires, 2 chem stations, 5 work benches, 1 cement mixer and 6 forges, and at least the 6 forges were in constant use when I stayed home for a whole day recently. Our base is surrounded by a ring of spikes two deep.

With my current base this is not feasible as I use it as a horde base at the same time and therefore all spikes would be destroyed during horde night.

It's not that I can't fight off the screamers or the screamer hordes. My horde base works just as well for screamer hordes as it does for bloodmoon hordes. It's more that the screamers annoy me. I want to do something like work on a part of my base and I hear a screamer whining and I have to stop what I was doing.

I think I did hear a screamer twice that day. I didn't even go out to look for them because they died before I would have had a chance to see them. They didn't even cost me a seconds time. Naturally keeping the spikes in repair does cost one of our group some time, not sure how much.

Well my group consists of me, myself and I.

My group was actually a bit disappointed how non-existent the screamer threat was. It seems most other people have a similar experience (judging by the almost zero complaints), so your only hope is a mod.

I would be happy to pass along some screamers to your group.

The reason so few people complain is probably because most people see the screamers as XP and not a real threat.

I wouldn't be so sure that the heat from the workstations won't change in A22, though. I was wondering the other day why I hardly got any screamers with the pickaxe when I was mining iron or lead. So I had the heat displayed and it looks like if you need two hits to destroy an iron block, you just stay under the 100% heat. And the heat also seems to dissipate faster. The heat meter has also changed from A20. It seems they are working on balancing the heat in the game.

RipClaw

RipClaw

26 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Right now my group has about 16 dew collectors, 2 camp fires, 2 chem stations, 5 work benches, 1 cement mixer and 6 forges, and at least the 6 forges were in constant use when I stayed home for a whole day recently. Our base is surrounded by a ring of spikes two deep.

With my current base this is not feasible as I use it as a horde base at the same time and therefore all spikes would be destroyed during horde night.

It's not that I can't fight off the screamers or the screamer hordes. My horde base works just as well for screamer hordes as it does for bloodmoon hordes. It's more the screamers that annoy me. I go to do something like work on a part of my base and I hear a screamer whining and I have to stop what I was doing.

35 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I think I did hear a screamer twice that day. I didn't even go out to look for them because they died before I would have had a chance to see them. They didn't even cost me a seconds time. Naturally keeping the spikes in repair does cost one of our group some time, not sure how much.

Well my group consists of me, myself and I.

39 minutes ago, meganoth said:

My group was actually a bit disappointed how non-existent the screamer threat was. It seems most other people have a similar experience (judging by the almost zero complaints), so your only hope is a mod.

I would be happy to pass along some screamers to your group.

The reason so few people complain is probably because most people see the screamers as XP and not a real threat.

I wouldn't be so sure that the heat from the workstations won't change in A22, though. I was wondering the other day why I hardly got any screamers with the pickaxe when I was mining iron or lead. So I had the heat displayed and it looks like if you need two hits to destroy an iron block, you just stay under the 100% heat. And the heat also seems to dissipate faster. The heat meter has also changed from A20. It seems they are working on balancing the heat in the game.