Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

The magazine system is okayish if you know which perks to choose to advance quickly and which to avoid. I have never had the problem of falling behind the trader or loot stage with the perks I had invested points in. I am currently on day 77 and have maxed out almost all the magazines. However, I also had a good starting point and generally many sources for magazines. It isn't my favorite progress system but I can make it work.

What I don't like about the A21 is that you get tons of screamers. I have 12 dew collectors, 6 work benches, 5 chemistry stations, 3 cement mixers, 6 forges, and 3 campfires.
That's a lot of heat, but I need the workstations if I don't want to wait forever for everything. I hope this will be rebalanced for A22. And I hope the cooking times are reduced. Without at least one point in Master Chef, everything takes forever.

We had this discussion before, but I have new data as well:

Right now my group has about 16 dew collectors, 2 camp fires, 2 chem stations, 5 work benches, 1 cement mixer and 6 forges, and at least the 6 forges were in constant use when I stayed home for a whole day recently. Our base is surrounded by a ring of spikes two deep.

I think I did hear a screamer twice that day. I didn't even go out to look for them because they died before I would have had a chance to see them. They didn't even cost me a seconds time. Naturally keeping the spikes in repair does cost one of our group some time, not sure how much.

My group was actually a bit disappointed how non-existent the screamer threat was. It seems most other people have a similar experience (judging by the almost zero complaints), so your only hope is a mod.

meganoth

meganoth

The magazine system is okayish if you know which perks to choose to advance quickly and which to avoid. I have never had the problem of falling behind the trader or loot stage with the perks I had invested points in. I am currently on day 77 and have maxed out almost all the magazines. However, I also had a good starting point and generally many sources for magazines. It isn't my favorite progress system but I can make it work.

What I don't like about the A21 is that you get tons of screamers. I have 12 dew collectors, 6 work benches, 5 chemistry stations, 3 cement mixers, 6 forges, and 3 campfires.
That's a lot of heat, but I need the workstations if I don't want to wait forever for everything. I hope this will be rebalanced for A22. And I hope the cooking times are reduced. Without at least one point in Master Chef, everything takes forever.

Right now my group has about 16 dew collectors, 2 camp fires, 2 chem stations, 5 work benches, 1 cement mixer and 6 forges, and at least the 6 forges were in constant use when I stayed home for a whole day recently. Our base is surrounded by a ring of spikes two deep.

I think I did hear a screamer twice that day. I didn't even go out to look for them because they died before I would have a chance to see them. They didn't even cost me a seconds time. Naturally keeping the spikes in repair does cost one of our group some time, not sure how much.

My group was actually a bit disappointed how non-existent the screamer threat was. It seems most other people have a similar experience (judging by the almost zero complaints), so your only hope is a mod.

meganoth

meganoth

My group has right now about 16 dew collectors, 2 camp fires, 2 chem stations, 5 work benches, 1 cement mixer and 6 forges, and at least the 6 forges were in constant use when I stayed home for a whole day recently. Our base is surrounded by a ring of spikes two deep.

I think I did hear a screamer twice that day. I didn't even go out to look for them because they die before I even have the chance to see them. They didn't even cost me a seconds time. Naturally keeping the spikes in repair does cost one of our group some time, not sure how much.