Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Syphon583

Syphon583

On 8/30/2023 at 6:54 PM, OneManStanding said:

It still eats double the amount of bullet tips to make, though, effectively halving the ammo count.

Considering lead is mineable and brass is not, I've never seen it as a disadvantage. To each their own, though. The big thing people seem to be forgetting is the penetration factor. While the overall damage increase is a small percentage, the ammos ability to penetrate armor and multiple targets if adequately perked is reason enough to sacrifice double the lead. For me and my playstyle, AP Ammo is definitely worth it. Once fully perked, I'm regularly killing 3 targets with a single bullet where with normal ammo, it would have taken 3+.

Syphon583

Syphon583

It still eats double the amount of bullet tips to make, though, effectively halving the ammo count.

Considering lead is mineable and brass is not, I've never seen it as a disadvantage. To each their own, though. The big thing people seem to be forgetting is the penetration factor. While the overall damage increase is a small percentage, the ammos ability to penetrate armor and multiple targets if adequately perked is reason enough to sacrifice double the lead. For me and my playstyle, AP Ammo is definitely worth it. Once fully perked, I'm regularly killing 3 targets with a single bullet where with normal ammo, it would have take 3+.

Syphon583

Syphon583

Considering lead is mineable and brass is not, I've never seen it as a disadvantage. To each their own, though. For me and my playstyle, AP Ammo is definitely worth it.