Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

6 hours ago, Crashtian said:

After doing a bit more looking things up, it does seem lockpicks CAN break, but it doesn't happen often. I imagine one would have to be going pretty heavy handed.

I've seen students bend a pick. (I just bend it back.) I could see where a pick could be broken, maybe metal fatigue. Oddly enough, in the lab I see our cheap practice locks break. I've lost two of those to students.

I do like your suggestion that failure resets the timer. Yes, it is part of the game already, but the current timer reset isn't usually back more than 4 seconds. It could go further and then higher skill levels could reduce the time lost.

zztong

zztong

6 hours ago, Crashtian said:

After doing a bit more looking things up, it does seem lockpicks CAN break, but it doesn't happen often. I imagine one would have to be going pretty heavy handed.

I've seen students bend a pick. I could see where a pick could be broken. Oddly enough, in the lab I see our cheap practice locks break. I've lost two of those to students.

I do like your suggestion that failure resets the timer. Yes, it is part of the game already, but the current timer reset isn't usually back more than 4 seconds. It could go further and then higher skill levels could reduce the time lost.