Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Krougal

Krougal

3 hours ago, Roland said:

I would very much like such an option. It might seem like a weird option to some but then I think people are weird who select the nightmare option so there.

A respawn option for 50% food and water and keeping any debuffs at their current level except for infection which could be started a bit lower to give the player some extra time to find the cure would be awesome.

3 hours ago, Diragor said:

No, ust change it....it's way too broken the way it is now. When you die with very low hunger or thirst, fill it up to 25%, not full. DOn't heal broken bones or infection. Reset infection to a maximum of 10% This wouldn't lead to a death loop and would fix the death cheat

That still seems a little harsh, I think half health/food/water and clearing the debuffs would be reasonable.  As options all would be fine of course. They toned down the broken leg a lot, in the old days, broken leg. Guess it's time to eat some broken glass. Now, meh, splint it up and move on. So it just feels punitive for no reason to keep the debuffs.

2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Knowing that everything is gone after a death changes the way you play. You don't always sell everything you don't need right away, but you save the best items just in case.

Temreki from Guns, Nerds and Steel played with "Delete everything on death" in his Underground Bunker series, and he got into the habit of keeping some spare equipment on hand.

I don't play with "Delete everything on death", but I always have spare equipment in my base in case my backpack gets lost due to a bug. I also always have enough resources to make new equipment. It may not be as good as the lost gear, but if it keeps me alive until I find something better, it's good enough for me.

Honestly I've never thought about playing with that setting. On the one hand it is pretty harsh but on the other, yeah, it does stretch out the post scarcity "why am I still gathering this @%$# I have 500 of these already that I will never use somebody stop me please I have a hoarding problem". It also makes crafting more valuable since having to replace gear makes crafting skills more useful. As it is now, once you've got a set of top tier gear you don't need another.

Krougal

Krougal

56 minutes ago, Roland said:

I would very much like such an option. It might seem like a weird option to some but then I think people are weird who select the nightmare option so there.

A respawn option for 50% food and water and keeping any debuffs at their current level except for infection which could be started a bit lower to give the player some extra time to find the cure would be awesome.

59 minutes ago, Diragor said:

No, ust change it....it's way too broken the way it is now. When you die with very low hunger or thirst, fill it up to 25%, not full. DOn't heal broken bones or infection. Reset infection to a maximum of 10% This wouldn't lead to a death loop and would fix the death cheat

That still seems a little harsh, I think half health/food/water and clearing the debuffs would be reasonable.  As options all would be fine of course. They toned down the broken leg a lot, in the old days, broken leg. Guess it's time to eat some broken glass. Now, meh, splint it up and move on. So it just feels punitive for no reason to keep the debuffs.

37 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Knowing that everything is gone after a death changes the way you play. You don't always sell everything you don't need right away, but you save the best items just in case.

Temreki from Guns, Nerds and Steel played with "Delete everything on death" in his Underground Bunker series, and he got into the habit of keeping some spare equipment on hand.

I don't play with "Delete everything on death", but I always have spare equipment in my base in case my backpack gets lost due to a bug. I also always have enough resources to make new equipment. It may not be as good as the lost gear, but if it keeps me alive until I find something better, it's good enough for me.

Honestly I've never thought about playing with that setting. On the one hand it is pretty harsh but on the other, yeah, it does stretch out the post scarcity "why am I still gathering this @%$# I have 500 of these already that I will never use somebody stop me please I have a hoarding problem".