Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

It gets stranger. I cannot place it on the ground or anywhere in that column of game space. This might be a bug?

251570_20230811112147_1.png

Update:

It's a game bug. There is a shutter next to a window above the bank. This shutter in no way can block the light to the bank (see screenshot) but it won't allow me to place it. I can remove the shutters, place the bank, then replace the shutters, but will the bank work?

251570_20230811113001_1.png

My understanding of light for solar panels is this... (I may be wrong, though)

Most blocks are not marked as allowing light to pass through them.  Light pass through isn't based on direction... It either allows light to pass through in all directions or not at all.  A shutter won't allow light to pass through because it is supposed to block light.  Because it isn't by direction, just because it is flat to the building, it still is a 1m block that doesn't pass light in any direction.  You can move a solar bank if you have a land claim placed, so just try putting the shutters after and if the solar bank doesn't work, move the solar bank or remove the shutters.

Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

It gets stranger. I cannot place it on the ground or anywhere in that column of game space. This might be a bug?

251570_20230811112147_1.png

Update:

It's a game bug. There is a shutter next to a window above the bank. This shutter in no way can block the light to the bank (see screenshot) but it won't allow me to place it. I can remove the shutters, place the bank, then replace the shutters, but will the bank work?

251570_20230811113001_1.png

My understanding of light for splat panels is this... (I may be wrong, though)

Most blacks are not marked as allowing light to pass through them.  Light pads through isn't based on direction... It either allows light to pass through in all directions or not at all.  A shutter won't allow light to pass through because it is supposed to block light.  Because it isn't by direction, just because it is flat to the building, it still is a 1m block that doesn't pass light in any direction.  You can move a solar bank if you have a land claim placed, so just try putting the shutters after and if the solar bank doesn't work, move the solar bank or remove the shutters.