Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Take an M60 with a drum magazine, fire two magazines in quick succession, and then look into the console to see if a screamer spawns. Most likely the answer is yes. If not, something is wrong with your game.

Does that happen as well when there is a sizable delay between emptying those two magazines? On what difficulty do you play for this to happen? One player in our group has an M60, but I would assume we still don't generate that much noise in our typical run as we don't see screamer waves when we exit such a quest POI

I mean there must be a lot going on for you to have to unload two magazines in quick succession. And if it happens at higher difficulties then the screamers may just be part of the package. I.e. either find a way to kill the less dangerous enemies less noisy or accept you have to deal with screamers as well. And if it is not intentional (and it is very likely TFP did not test this) then relating this in your bug report would be a very reproducible example.

meganoth

meganoth

Take an M60 with a drum magazine, fire two magazines in quick succession, and then look into the console to see if a screamer spawns. Most likely the answer is yes. If not, something is wrong with your game.

Does that happen as well when there is a sizable delay between emptying those two magazines? On what difficulty do you play for this to happen? One player in our group has an M60, but I would assume we still don't get much above that noise threshold.

I mean there must be a lot going on for you to have to unload two magazines in quick succession. And if it happens at higher difficulties then the screamers may just be part of the package. I.e. either find a way to kill the less dangerous enemies less noisy or accept you have to deal with screamers as well. And if it is not intentional (and it is very likely TFP did not test this) then relating this in your bug report would be a very reproducible example.

meganoth

meganoth

Does that happen as well when there is a sizable delay between emptying those two magazines? On what difficulty do you play for this to happen? One of us has an M60, but I would assume we still don't get much above that noise threshold.

meganoth

meganoth

Does that happen as well when there is a sizable delay between emptying those two magazines? On what difficulty do you play for this to happen? One of us has an M60, but I would assume we still don't get much above that noise threshold.

I mean there must be a lot going on for you to have to unload two magazines in quick succession. And if it happens at hogher difficulties then the screamers may just be part of the package. I.e. either find a way to kill the less dangerous enemies less noisy or accept you have to deal with screamers as well. And if it is not intentional (and it is very likely TFP did not test this) then relating this in your bug report would be a very reproducible example.

meganoth

meganoth

Does that happen as well when there is a sizable delay between emptying those two magazines? On what difficulty do you play for this to happen?

I mean there must be a lot going on for you to have to unload two magazines in quick succession. And if it happens at hogher difficulties then the screamers may just be part of the package. I.e. either find a way to kill the less dangerous enemies less noisy or accept you have to deal with screamers as well. And if it is not intentional (and it is very likely TFP did not test this) then relating this in your bug report would be a very reproducible example.

meganoth

meganoth

Does that happen as well when there is a sizable delay between emptying those two magazines? On what difficulty do you play for this to happen?

I mean there must be a lot going on for you to have to unload two magazines in quick succession. And if it happens at hogher difficulties then the screamers may just be part of the package. I.e. either find a way to kill the less dangerous enemies less noisy or accept you have to deal with screamers as well at higher difficulties. And if it is not intentional (and it is very likely TFP did not test this) then relating this in your bug report would be a very reproducible example.