Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Krougal

Krougal

45 minutes ago, Roland said:

If that were true you would have typed "gamers that are on the more casual end of the spectrum" or something else neutral like that. BTW, I don't know whether console gamers can collectively be called casuals any longer. Console gaming has come a long way and while control schemes must often be streamlined to work with gamepads, this in itself isn't what makes a gamer casual or not. Maybe in the 90s up through the 2000s there were mostly simplistic casual gaming experiences on consoles that drew a more casual player base but I think that has changed quite a bit in the last decade.

The streamlining of 7 Days to Die for consoles is entirely control-scheme-based and performance-limitations-based. Whether the game is balanced more toward crafting or more toward looting and quest rewards has absolutely nothing to do with it going to console and being played by the type of players who buy and play on consoles. 

My bad, "I say this without sarcasm or malice or any other negative connotation" applies to the part after the comma, not the preceeding sentence. I edited it to be more clear.

I fully mean console gamers are filthy casuals. That's also more of an old joke at this point and I don't do political correctness.

I mean don't get me wrong, some of my best friends (yes, I actually have friends, I know shocker!) are filthy casuals. It doesn't make you a bad person.

Krougal

Krougal

36 minutes ago, Roland said:

If that were true you would have typed "gamers that are on the more casual end of the spectrum" or something else neutral like that. BTW, I don't know whether console gamers can collectively be called casuals any longer. Console gaming has come a long way and while control schemes must often be streamlined to work with gamepads, this in itself isn't what makes a gamer casual or not. Maybe in the 90s up through the 2000s there were mostly simplistic casual gaming experiences on consoles that drew a more casual player base but I think that has changed quite a bit in the last decade.

The streamlining of 7 Days to Die for consoles is entirely control-scheme-based and performance-limitations-based. Whether the game is balanced more toward crafting or more toward looting and quest rewards has absolutely nothing to do with it going to console and being played by the type of players who buy and play on consoles. 

My bad, "I say this without sarcasm or malice or any other negative connotation" applies to the part after the comma, not the preceeding sentence.

I fully mean console gamers are filthy casuals. That's also more of an old joke at this point and I don't do political correctness.

I mean don't get me wrong, some of my best friends (yes, I actually have friends, I know shocker!) are filthy casuals. It doesn't make you a bad person.

Krougal

Krougal

35 minutes ago, Roland said:

My bad, "I say this without sarcasm or malice or any other negative connotation" applies to the part after the comma, not the preceeding sentence.

I mean don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are filthy casuals. It doesn't make you a bad person.

Krougal

Krougal

32 minutes ago, Roland said:

Krougal

Krougal

29 minutes ago, Roland said:

To clarify, "I say this without sarcasm or malice or any other negative connotation" was meant to apply to my next sentence.