Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Syphon583

Syphon583

15 hours ago, sc1zzen said:

Does it really effect you that much that you cannot possibly change your views on it? you just HAVE to call them what you want to? 

No where in my reply did I state I wouldn't be willing to change my point of view.

Perhaps my use of "Good lord, what is happening" was a little strong. It was mostly meant in jest. However, my initial response stems from the fact that there are many terms in recent memory that are being forced out of use because people are choosing to be offended by them. Of course there are terms that are implicitly racist and should be phased out of use. Maybe "dreadlocks" falls in to that category. I grew up in an area where this hairstyle was common and the use of term "dreadlocks" was the standard name for that hairstyle. However, I've never once heard it expressed in news, media or acquaintances that the term was offensive in nature. It was just surprising to me to hear it now.

Syphon583

Syphon583

8 hours ago, sc1zzen said:

Does it really effect you that much that you cannot possibly change your views on it? you just HAVE to call them what you want to? 

No where in my reply did I state I wouldn't be willing to change my point of view.

Perhaps my use of "Good lord, what is happening" was a little strong. It was mostly meant in jest. However, my initial response stems from the fact that there are many terms in recent memory that are being forced out of use because people are choosing to be offended by them. Of course there are terms that are implicitly racist and should be phased out of use. Maybe "dreadlocks" falls in to that category. I grew up in an area where this hairstyle was common. However, I've never once heard it expressed in news, media or acquaintances that the term was offensive in nature. It was just surprising to me to hear it now.