Block placing speed

Feimen

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the block placing speed in A21? or know how it was done in the past?

I know for a fact it was possible at some point (maybe it still is), because I managed to do it on a server I once had. But I cant remember how.

I believe it was in A20.0 but I am not sure. I have tried to recreate the mod in every alpha all the way back to alpha 16 with no luck.

Any info/advice on this would be much appreciated.

Edited by Feimen (see edit history)

Block placing speed is a hardcoded constant set based on the world's gamemode (creative, editworld, survival, etc.). For example, these are the settings set in the GameManager.createWorld() function when initially loading a creative world:

Constants.cDigAndBuildDistance = 25f;
Constants.cBuildIntervall = 0.2f;
Constants.cCollectItemDistance = 25f;

The key constant here is the cBuildIntervall. The default build interval for survival is 0.5f. Luckily, there is an ingame console command that you can use to set these three constants to "editworld" values (50f, 0.2f, 50f). Just open the ingame console (F1) and execute the command "zz fr" (which stands for dynamic mesh farreach).

The only other ways to change this (that I know of) would be to change the world's gamemode or create a C# mod that modifies these constants.