Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

39 minutes ago, Krougal said:

Well, I mean there is some sense to it. Much as I hate to be restricted to 1 or a few weapons, we already kinda are by the perks (because face it, especially on higher difficulty a non-perked weapon isn't really viable). I get around this to some degree by having my headshot multiplier cranked way the @%$# up, so I can still 1 shot zeds with an unperked 9.

Anywho, as much as I would like to be able to craft some other weapons, it is far more important to me to be able to craft my chosen weapon so I'll take the system as it is I think. At some point I still wind up with the guns I like in QL6 from quest rewards/loot, but at least my primary is pretty much guaranteed.

Now I didn't realize the thing with the lockpicking, but then I am a fan of lockpicking in general anyway. With the new information I think I would take it even earlier.

Weapons are not necessarily the problem. But a single player NEEDS to put points into the workstations and vehicle perks, otherwise his only source for workstations and vehicles will be the trader. And someone diversifying will hamper his own advancement.

How logical does it sound that if you are agi player and pistols your main weapon and you put a perk point into bows and farming besides pistol you are actually greatly slowing down your progress with pistols?

Sure, veteran players who get told on the forum or players who let themselves get spoiled by well-informed youtubers will get to know those strange rules. Anyone else will just wonder and not understand why he sits there on day 21 without a workstation and it is not at all easy to find out these rules by himself.

meganoth

meganoth

31 minutes ago, Krougal said:

Well, I mean there is some sense to it. Much as I hate to be restricted to 1 or a few weapons, we already kinda are by the perks (because face it, especially on higher difficulty a non-perked weapon isn't really viable). I get around this to some degree by having my headshot multiplier cranked way the @%$# up, so I can still 1 shot zeds with an unperked 9.

Anywho, as much as I would like to be able to craft some other weapons, it is far more important to me to be able to craft my chosen weapon so I'll take the system as it is I think. At some point I still wind up with the guns I like in QL6 from quest rewards/loot, but at least my primary is pretty much guaranteed.

Now I didn't realize the thing with the lockpicking, but then I am a fan of lockpicking in general anyway. With the new information I think I would take it even earlier.

Weapons are not necessarily the problem. But a single player NEEDS to put points into the workstations and vehicle perks, otherwise his only source for workstations and vehicles will be the trader. And someone diversifying will hamper his own advancement.

How logical does it sound that if you are agi player and pistols your main weapon and you put a perk point into bows and farming besides pistol you are actually greatly slowing down your progress with pistols.

Sure, veteran players who get told on the forum or players who let themselves get spoiled by well-informed youtubers will get to know those strange rules. Anyone else will just wonder and not understand why he sits there on day 21 without a workstation and it is not at all easy to find out these rules by himself.

meganoth

meganoth

30 minutes ago, Krougal said:

How logical does it sound that if you are agi player and pistols your main weapon and you put a perk point into bows and farming you are actually greatly slowing down your progress with pistols.

meganoth

meganoth

26 minutes ago, Krougal said:

How logical does it sound that if you are agi player and pistols your main weapon and you put a perk point into bows and farming you are actually slowing down your progress with pistols

meganoth

meganoth

16 minutes ago, Krougal said: