Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

33 minutes ago, Krougal said:

Maybe we are looking at this wrong (I haven't checked the code myself so I apologize if I am just way off).

What if it is a percentage bonus to the base chance?

So a 20% bonus. If the chance of that magazine were a 1, then it would be bumped to 1.2 and so on and so forth for each increasing level, 2.0 at max.

The "percentage bonus being applied to base chance" is exactly what our theories are based on. How high that percentage is is the question.

BFT thinks it is 20% just like you.

But the number in the xml is "2" which neither fits mathematical nor percentage notation for 20% and also doesn't fit with how percentage numbers are used anywhere else in XML.

If TFP isn't deliberately trying to confuse their own coders then it must be either bumped to 1.02 or 3, increasing to 1.1 or 11 at max. The only wiggle room I see is if it were applied differently than we think

meganoth

meganoth

33 minutes ago, Krougal said:

Maybe we are looking at this wrong (I haven't checked the code myself so I apologize if I am just way off).

So a 20% bonus. If the chance of that magazine were a 1, then it would be bumped to 1.2 and so on and so forth for each increasing level, 2.0 at max.

The percentage bonus to base chance is exactly what our theories are based on. How high that percentage is is the question.

But the number in the xml is "2" which neither fits mathematical nor percentage notation for 20% and also doesn't fit with how percentage numbers are used anywhere else in XML.

If TFP isn't deliberately trying to confuse their own coders then it must be either bumped to 1.02 or 3, increasing to 1.1 or 11 at max. The only wiggle room I see is if it were applied differently than we think

meganoth

meganoth

29 minutes ago, Krougal said:

The percentage bonus to base chance is exactly what our theories are based on. How high that percentage is is the question.

If TFP isn't deliberately trying to confuse their own coders then it must be either bumped to 1.02 or 3, increasing to 1.1 or 11 at max. The only wiggle room I see is how it would be applied.

meganoth

meganoth

20 minutes ago, Krougal said:

Which is exactly what BFT thinks if I am not misunderstanding something.

If TFP isn't deliberately trying to confuse their own coders then it must be either bumped to 1.02 or 3, increasing to 1.1 or 11 at max. The only wiggle room I see is how it would be applied.