Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

3 minutes ago, Vaeliorin said:

Cool, so they're going to nerf resources from mining?  I spent an ingame day (well, more like 3/4 of a day) mining since the trader didn't have any quests I was interested in, and I came back with 300k iron and 200k stone.  Seems like an overabundance to me (though truth be told, I'll probably use all of that eventually.)

A large amount of a resource is not the same thing as an overabundance of the resource.  If the game is designed to use a lot of something (like you do with iron and stone), then having a lot of it is not an overabundance.  If the game is not using a lot of a resource (like cloth, previously), then a lot of the resource is an overabundance.  They specifically made it so you use more of it so that you are using up the resource so it's not an overabundance even though they also made it so you can get more of it easily, proving that there is a difference -- they give you more but make you use more, so they didn't nerf how much you can get.  They made it so it wouldn't be an overabundance even though you can get more.

Also keep in mind that when you're mining, you are spending a lot of time to get that large amount of resources.  In A20, you would get a ton of cloth with no effort while you're looting everything else.  You didn't specifically go out to collect cloth (most didn't, anyhow) except perhaps in the first day to get cloth armor.

Riamus

Riamus

1 minute ago, Vaeliorin said:

Cool, so they're going to nerf resources from mining?  I spent an ingame day (well, more like 3/4 of a day) mining since the trader didn't have any quests I was interested in, and I came back with 300k iron and 200k stone.  Seems like an overabundance to me (though truth be told, I'll probably use all of that eventually.)

A large amount of a resource is not the same thing as an overabundance of the resource.  If the game is designed to use a lot of something (like you do with iron and stone), then having a lot of it is not an overabundance.  If the game is not using a lot of a resource (like cloth, previously), then a lot of the resource is an overabundance.  They specifically made it so you use more of it so that you are using up the resource so it's not an overabundance even though they also made it so you can get more of it easily, proving that there is a difference -- they give you more but make you use more, so they didn't nerf how much you can get.  They made it so it wouldn't be an overabundance even though you can get more.