Free Cam Help?

VoltraLux

Does anyone know how to rotate the free cam around a fixed position without the need to keep readjusting the mouse and crosshair to the focal point (causing visible readjustment)

I’ve worked out there is a lock camera command but this locks to the horizontal level, allowing movement left and right forward and backwards on a fixed position but not to rotate smoothly around it. 

can’t seem to find any updated command lists, seen this done in videos but can’t figure out how. Can’t be to do with game speed or dpi I’ve tried both with no success? 

I am not sure either but have a couple ideas to toss around,

• Do you have a controller? I wonder if joysticks have smoother movement (for example, one joystick acts as WASD and another joystick acts as the mouse and whether having both tilted a certain way gives a continuous rotating effect)
  • Do you have nvidia card? I heard there is a feature called Ansel for taking screenshots but it also allows you to move camera to get the perfect position, but I also wonder if that allows for smoother scrolling and whether that could give you the effect you want. (I have AMD so I can't check)
Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)