Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

4 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Yes, but I basically brought up two, parody has its own clause; but my original phrasing above Papa's quote was "as long as you don't compete with the original audience". I don't know how you would "just change the audience", you do need to change the nature of the work; but I was referring to the non-compete clause there.

In legal practicality, none of the tests used to check for fair use are neither sufficient nor necessary conditions to meet the criteria, in the end it's all left to the discretion of the judge. Non-compete alone Can suffice, but I wouldn't bet my grandma on it.

Isn't "not competing with the original audience" the same as "changing the audience" ? EDIT: Ah, I see I probably should have written **target** audience

meganoth

meganoth

1 minute ago, theFlu said:

Yes, but I basically brought up two, parody has its own clause; but my original phrasing above Papa's quote was "as long as you don't compete with the original audience". I don't know how you would "just change the audience", you do need to change the nature of the work; but I was referring to the non-compete clause there.

In legal practicality, none of the tests used to check for fair use are neither sufficient nor necessary conditions to meet the criteria, in the end it's all left to the discretion of the judge. Non-compete alone Can suffice, but I wouldn't bet my grandma on it.

Isn't "not competing with the original audience" the same as "changing the audience" ?