Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
theFlu

theFlu

14 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Huh? You mean you could make your own spiderman movie with the actual spiderman in it as long as you target a different audience?

Now, don't go getting into lawsuits against billion dollar companies based on the word of an internet randomer; you ain't got the money to see it through. But to an extent, yes. I've seen a copyright case where someone lifted an entire youtube video, slapped it on their own channel with merely a changed title, basically just making fun of the original. The originator went into court over it and got not only thrown out, but to pay the legal fees of the alleged infringer; which is kinda on the rare side for anything copyright related.

So yes, in principle. In practice, go against Disney and they burn so much money with legal bull@%$# that you'll be selling your grandma on a wet market before you see the inside of a courthouse. Hence, Blood and Honey.

And for some reason, characters do seem to get their own protection, yes (which I find rather questionable), so copying the character of spiderman might be legally problematic. But with sufficient changes, you actually Should be allowed to sell your version of No Way Home as you see fit. Under the law, just not in practice.

theFlu

theFlu

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Huh? You mean you could make your own spiderman movie with the actual spiderman in it as long as you target a different audience?

Now, don't go getting into lawsuits against billion dollar companies based on the word of an internet randomer; you ain't got the money to see it through. But to an extent, yes. I've seen a copyright case where someone lifted an entire youtube video, slapped in on their own channel with merely a changed title, basically just making fun of the original. The originator went into court over it and got not only thrown out, but to pay the legal fees of the alleged infringer; which is kinda on the rare side for anything copyright related.

So yes, in principle. In practice, go against Disney and they burn so much money with legal bull@%$# that you'll be selling your grandma on a wet market before you see the inside of a courthouse. Hence, Blood and Honey.

And for some reason, characters do seem to get their own protection, yes (which I find rather questionable), so copying the character of spiderman might be legally problematic. But with sufficient changes, you actually Should be allowed to sell your version of No Way Home as you see fit. Under the law, just not in practice.