Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

14 hours ago, Archael said:

It really depends on country laws.
In here, where i am. If any customer bought something due to advertisement (great sign just belowe game name can be called ad) and if product do not match this ad, the company is obligate to refund the product. And even if company has other rules and politics (like the line that product may change, or no refunds after purchase), the country law is above it, making those rules non-binding. I may be a minority, and i dont think anyone would like to fight for those few $. But if many players would wanted they refunds, there would be a problem.
So in short - if im unhappy with developper direction of the game and if this direction is different of what game was telling at the time i bought it - i have right for the refund. I will wait untill gold and i hope game will be NOT a looter shooter, and it will be really open world apocalypse, survival, crafting, horde defence.

You are correct about most of the legalities, but you will have a very hard time proving that 7D2D is not open world apocalypse, survival, crafting and horde defence in a court, especially because these terms are not clearly defined and have a different meaning for everyone. I can point to elements in the game that fulfill all these claims.

For example: Try to define "Sandbox". For some players only creative mode would be a true sandbox, while others would call any game sandbox that can be played without a specific endgoal in mind. Now try to explain to a judge that your definition of sandbox is right and you want to give back a game because it doesn't fullfill your definition.

Also if the terms of EA are accepted by the court then you don't have the final product in hand. And only the final product has to have all these elements (You could try to fight this too, but now you'll have steams best lawyers on the other side to fight as well). If your opinion were correct then you could give back any unfinished EA game simply because it isn't finished and parts are missing. 7D2D for example simply because bandits are missing and that was an advertised part of the game. Read steams EULA of EA games, there surely is some provision that you can not assume much about the game you are playing while it is developed, not even that it runs all the time.

Now I have no doubt that you simply could get the game returned by just making yourself a nuisance that is more worth than the price of the game (or the risk of going to court that is always there) 😉

meganoth

meganoth

In here, where i am. If any customer bought something due to advertisement (great sign just belowe game name can be called ad) and if product do not match this ad, the company is obligate to refund the product. And even if company has other rules and politics (like the line that product may change, or no refunds after purchase), the country law is above it, making those rules non-binding. I may be a minority, and i dont think anyone would like to fight for those few $. But if many players would wanted they refunds, there would be a problem.
So in short - if im unhappy with developper direction of the game and if this direction is different of what game was telling at the time i bought it - i have right for the refund. I will wait untill gold and i hope game will be NOT a looter shooter, and it will be really open world apocalypse, survival, crafting, horde defence.

You are correct about most of the legalities, but you will have a very hard time proving that 7D2D is not open world apocalypse, survival, crafting and horde defence in a court, especially because these terms are not clearly defined and have a different meaning for everyone. I can point to elements in the game that fulfill all these claims.

For example: Try to define "Sandbox". For some players only creative mode would be a true sandbox, while others would call any game sandbox that can be played without a specific endgoal in mind. Now try to explain to a judge that your definition of sandbox is right and you want to give back a game because it doesn't fullfill your definition.

Also if the terms of EA are accepted by the court then you don't have the final product in hand. And only the final product has to have all these elements (You could try to fight this too, but now you'll have steams best lawyers on the other side to fight as well). If not you could give back any unfinished EA game simply because it isn't finished and parts are missing. 7D2D for example simply because bandits are missing and that was an advertised part of the game. Read steams EULA of EA games, there surely is some provision that you can not assume much about the game you are playing while it is developed, not even that it runs all the time.

Now I have no doubt that you simply could get the game returned by just making yourself a nuisance that is more worth than the price of the game (or the risk of going to court that is always there) 😉

meganoth

meganoth

Also if the terms of EA are accepted by the court then you don't have the final product in hand. And only the final product has to have all these elements (You could try to fight this too, but now you'll have steams best lawyers on the other side to fight as well). If not you could give back any unfinished EA game simply because it isn't finished and parts are missing. 7D2D for example simply because bandits are missing and that was an advertised part of the game. Read steams EULA of EA games, there surely is some provision that you can not assume much about the game you are playing while it is developed, not even that it runs all the time.

Now I have no doubt that you simply could get the game returned by just making yourself a nuisance that is more worth than the price of the game (or the risk of going to court) 😉

meganoth

meganoth

13 hours ago, Archael said:

meganoth

meganoth

Also if the terms of EA are accepted by the court then you don't have the final product in hand. And only the final product has to have all these elements (You could try to fight this too, but now you'll have steams best lawyers on the other side to fight as well). If not you could give back any unfinished EA game simply because it isn't finished and parts are missing, 7D2D for example because bandits are missing and that was an advertised part of the game.

meganoth

meganoth

Also if the terms of EA are accepted by the court then you don't have the final product in hand. And only the final product has to have all these elements. If not you could give back any unfinished EA game simply because it isn't finished and parts are missing, 7D2D for example because bandits are missing and that was an advertised part of the game.

meganoth

meganoth

You are correct about the legalities, but you will have a very hard time proving that 7D2D is not open world apocalypse, survival, crafting and horde defence in a court, especially because these terms are not clearly defined and have a different meaning for everyone. I can point to elements in the game that fulfill all these claims.

meganoth

meganoth

You are correct about the legalities, but you will have a very hard time proving that 7D2D is not open world apocalypse, survival, crafting and horde defence in a court, especially because these terms are not clearly defined and have a different meaning for everyone. I can point to elements in the game that fulfill all these claims.

meganoth

meganoth

You are correct about the legalities, but you will have a very hard time proving that 7D2D is not open world apocalypse, survival, crafting and horde defence in a court, especially because these terms are not clearly defined. I can point to elements in the game that fulfill all these claims.

meganoth

meganoth

You are correct about the legalities, but you will have a very hard time proving that 7D2D is not open world apocalypse, survival, crafting and horde defence in a court. I can point to elements in the game that fulfill all these claims.

meganoth

meganoth

You are correct about the legalities, but you will have a hard time proving that 7D2D is not open world apocalypse, survival, crafting and horde defence in a court. I can point to elements in the game that fulfill all these claims.