Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
BFT2020

BFT2020

7 hours ago, Archael said:

If there is no consensus over traders and trader quests. Then Devs should put a checkbox in map generation or game options to enable/disable traders.
And if traders are disabled, then some things like water filters and solar panels and solar banks, should be lootable/craftable (but because crafting is loot dependant then lootable either way).

Why should the developers do such a thing?  If the developers want a game with traders and trader quests, then they are not obligated to add an option.  They can if they want, but there is no requirement for them to do so, especially if modders can do the same thing.

To add to this, I don't think it is possible today to do what you are suggesting.  I don't think the game / code is setup to where you can simply select an option (disable traders) and it changes the code in the loot / recipe files to now allow those items to be crafted or looted.  I could be wrong, but I think that would take additional work that probably won't be on their priority list to do prior to final release.

They do have options to change loot respawn period and loot quantities, but those things are already baked into the code today.

BFT2020

BFT2020

6 hours ago, Archael said:

If there is no consensus over traders and trader quests. Then Devs should put a checkbox in map generation or game options to enable/disable traders.
And if traders are disabled, then some things like water filters and solar panels and solar banks, should be lootable/craftable (but because crafting is loot dependant then lootable either way).

Why should the developers do such a thing?  If the developers want a game with traders and trader quests, then they are not obligated to add an option.  They can if they want, but there is no requirement for them to do so, especially if modders can do the same thing.